• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am more worried about people who have lost their jobs and landlord who tenants are not paying and been deferred by government. I just refied at 3% and took no money out doubt I will ever get a 2% refi

Oh, they're still evicting renters for non-payment...
    check the court logs.
    But the home-owners are being furloughed.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I note the 3 homes that sold close to mine (1/2 block) sold at $113 sq', bought mine 3 years ago at $88, pretty impressive gain. refied at 87.5 for 3%. The only issue is I cannot afford to buy at current prices so am stuck without selling my house. At my age I never intended to move again so I guess it worked out so far. Good luck to those of you selling and buying!

Note, I am out of the Crestview city limits, okaloosa county

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Funny, this rose to the top today, just returned from a complete and utter disappointment. I know there are other Realtors on here. I'm begging you to use accurate descriptions, and more importantly ACCURATE, CURRENT PHOTOS!!!! This house is listed for 300K, you get there and it's a dump that has been a rental for 12 years, with no attention what so ever... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny, this rose to the top today, just returned from a complete and utter disappointment. I know there are other Realtors on here. I'm begging you to use accurate descriptions, and more importantly ACCURATE, CURRENT PHOTOS!!!! This house is listed for 300K, you get there and it's a dump that has been a rental for 12 years, with no attention what so ever... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!
    I wrote to the Agricultural office in Washington County for resources on where to look for cacant/undeveloped/pasture land/unrestricted ( 5-10 acres only ) and no reply.

If you or anyone here knows where I can search for land only, please let me know.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    6 acres for sale on highway 196 in molino, fl. Its on zillow

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excuse my ignorance but I am trying to understand the great variation in price for the panhandle area:

The "waterfront" dirty water spring add;

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Then this 10 acre with a spring for $20,000:

And this which claims "possible hunting area" ( what does that translate to? ):

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Correct me if I am wrong but the 2K per acre land is so low because it has no utilities, no electric and wooded and in the middle of no where or is something else wrong/bad about it?
    Then the first one 6 acres for $150K? Does it come with ammo trees in it?

Compared to the 6 acres for 38K which has electric and partially cleared with the dirty spring and creek.

Can anyone school me on these differences in value to what is being purchased?

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Location, location, location. Lol.
    And zoning and possible non buildable wetlands or lands with endangered plants or animals on them.

Ive heard of things like if picture plants are present then you cant build in that spot

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Location, location, location. Lol.
    And zoning and possible non buildable wetlands or lands with endangered plants or animals on them.

Ive heard of things like if picture plants are present then you cant build in that spot
    Thank you that is important to know!
    But the 149K 6acre is also a private community.
    I am not looking to be part of a HOA of any kind.

I want land that I can own almost 99% ( I know I have to pay property taxes for ever so never truly own anything ) but I am sick of man made rules and mandates and community commisioners deciding what is best for me and my family.

Looks like I have a lot to research on the zoning.
    I want to be able to have my own gun range on my property and paying any kind of money on land and not being able to shoot is not worth it to me to move to a rural area.

It does seem like the Panhandle is becoming a destination for people fleeing urban areas and that is my concern also: buying a lot of undeveloped land and five years from now I will have neighbours all around me and there goes my free gun range...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Thank you that is important to know!
    But the 149K 6acre is also a private community.
    I am not looking to be part of a HOA of any kind.

I want land that I can own almost 99% ( I know I have to pay property taxes for ever so never truly own anything ) but I am sick of man made rules and mandates and community commisioners deciding what is best for me and my family.

Looks like I have a lot to research on the zoning.
    I want to be able to have my own gun range on my property and paying any kind of money on land and not being able to shoot is not worth it to me to move to a rural area.

It does seem like the Panhandle is becoming a destination for people fleeing urban areas and that is my concern also: buying a lot of undeveloped land and five years from now I will have neighbours all around me and there goes my free gun range...
    With the $100,000 you'd save buying somewhere else you could build an indoor range right off of the living room

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Crime. Chipley has a crime problem. Neighborhood Scout puts it at higher than 65% of all cities in FL. Didn't check the UCR but this could be one reason why the cheaper prices.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I understand. And I have no stake on the land on highway 196. But will say that I know there is NO HOA involved. That area has no “community” rules other than regular county ordinances and residential agriculture zoning

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beware of any information you find on Zillow , they are notoriously inaccurate . Try and find a realtor that's been in the area your interested in for at least 10 years, preferably longer . They will have knowledge of the area that can't be found on the Internet , it also says they are fairly honest ,they would have to be to last that long in one area. There are some good realtors but it sometimes takes a little looking to find one .

Good Luck and happy hunting .

Top Bottom