Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

House Prices are Crazy

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

FrommerStop

Reaction score
I am just saving as much cash as I can because when this bubble bursts it is going to be epic. The amount of repo properties will make 2006 look like nothing.
I wish had my savings in something else because the dollar could someday lose its value.

capt.joe

Reaction score
Where are they? lol
One is a 2 bed 2 bath with a great room (old garage) and a 30x30 detached garage off of fairfield and 69th. The other is a 2 bed 1 bath that I'm almost finished completely refurbishing on Navy blvd. I'd love to open up a gun shop there lol

FLT

Reaction score
There will be money to be made when the bubble burst. I did real well on the last one ,there will be so many properties in foreclosure that realtors and their investment buddies can’t buy them all . It’s kind of sad that so many folks are so foolish , but it is what it is.

Longtooth

Reaction score
One is a 2 bed 2 bath with a great room (old garage) and a 30x30 detached garage off of fairfield and 69th. The other is a 2 bed 1 bath that I'm almost finished completely refurbishing on Navy blvd. I'd love to open up a gun shop there lol
Im in a 3x2 now but its only 1100 sq feet. WE have been trying to move to Milton or Pace or even further North. Both of us grew up in farm country, so we want to raise our family in the same type of environment... Not this HOA madness that is FL.

capt.joe

Reaction score
Im in a 3x2 now but its only 1100 sq feet. WE have been trying to move to Milton or Pace or even further North. Both of us grew up in farm country, so we want to raise our family in the same type of environment... Not this HOA madness that is FL.
We moved from faifield last august to 13 acres. I love being able to walk out the door to target practice and hunt

Raven

Reaction score
I wish had my savings in something else because the dollar could someday lose its value.
The value of the dollar dropped by half TWICE under Obama's stimulus packages. And now the economists are saying that Trumps stimulus package for Covid was even bigger than Obama's. Who fucking knows what the hell the dollar value is dropping to this time

wareagle50

Reaction score
The value of the dollar dropped by half TWICE under Obama's stimulus packages. And now the economists are saying that Trumps stimulus package for Covid was even bigger than Obama's. Who fucking knows what the hell the dollar value is dropping to this time
Well gold its hitting record prices, the dollar is crap right now.

Raven

Reaction score
correction, not could someday, but will someday....

from 1913, it has lost 98% of its value..
You just wait. China already had our credit rating downgraded to a B+ after we devalued the dollar to a point where China already considers the US in default on the original interest rate. The next step is yanking our Reserve Currency status out from under us, and when that happens everything that is imported or moves on wheels will DOUBLE in price literally overnight.

Attachments

Duckyou

Reaction score
You just wait. China already had our credit rating downgraded to a B+ after we devalued the dollar to a point where China already considers the US in default on the original interest rate. The next step is yanking our Reserve Currency status out from under us, and when that happens everything that is imported or moves on wheels will DOUBLE in price literally overnight.
Europe has been trying to do that for 3 decades. China cannot do it.

Raven

Reaction score
Europe has been trying to do that for 3 decades. China cannot do it.
We got boots on the ground in over 100 countries. What happens when they all turn against us? Oh, wait....

Duckyou

Reaction score
We got boots on the ground in over 100 countries. What happens when they all turn against us? Oh, wait....

The real driver is money. Our bases and troops supply a lot of revenue to host countries. That is why Germany is pissed about the US downsizing the number of stationed troops.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank GOD for that our founder’s, the framer’s of our Constitution, took this into consideration. If not, our elections would be decided in NYC, LA, Houston and Chicago. The liberals will ALWAYS push to abandon our Electoral College.

unless it is to the dems advantage, then they will be all for the EC....

Reactions: FLT

General Snafu

Reaction score
But how do you know what overpayment is if there are multiple offers and people are going over list?
Overpayment is when you pay more for the house than you could have had it built for. We see it every day in our neighborhood. We bought a HUD foreclosure at the end of 1997 for well under $100K. It's taken over 200 loads of fill and a lot of work over the years but today I could sell it in hours in the mid to high $300's and still be considered, at the low end of the neighborhood.

Want to see some really crazy prices? look at western North Carolina. I can buy a waterfront home on a saltwater canal with ocean access in Northeast Florida for less than one of those western North Carolina cracker boxes.

stage20

Reaction score
People who overpay often do so because it's the perfect home in the perfect area, for them. They usually have the funds to overpay.....

FLT

Reaction score
I appreciate them for doing that , they made it possible for me to increase my net worth more than three quarters of a million after the last bubble burst. And this one will burst! Then the taxpayers will bail the banks and mortgage company’s out and there will be so many properties for sale on short sale that the realtors and their investor partners can’t buy them all up . Leaving the opportunity for people with cash on hand to make some serious money.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom