• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I normally buy the jug of spray from Walmart and it seems to work for a week or until first rain.

What do the pros use? Have you used anything with longer success?

Trying to kill and prevent the normal species ants, roaches, spiders, etc.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Get one YouTube and see how to make Mason jar traps, and funnel traps out of plastic bottles. I didn't have any luck with jars. But man I caught tons of stuff one time with the plastic bottles. Best part about traps like those is they don't crawl off and die in weird places you can't reach. I've also seen a guy use a large bowl of peanut oil to catch rats. It seems to work really well. I did also see a guy use "diatomaceous earth" its supposed to be non toxic, old microbe shells... glass basically. Supposedly you can sprinkle it around everywhere. There's a video on you be also showing what it does to bugs with hard shells. Once they get it on them it gets into thier joints. When they move it cuts tiny holes in the shells faster than they can repair them and they die by drying out. Never tried it tho as the funnel trapped wound up working so well I didn't need to try other things. I think my trap worked so well because once one female goes in to eat the bait it draws other males etc. Then before ya know it you have a ton inside.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get one YouTube and see how to make Mason jar traps, and funnel traps out of plastic bottles. I didn't have any luck with jars. But man I caught tons of stuff one time with the plastic bottles. Best part about traps like those is they don't crawl off and die in weird places you can't reach. I've also seen a guy use a large bowl of peanut oil to catch rats. It seems to work really well. I did also see a guy use "diatomaceous earth" its supposed to be non toxic, old microbe shells... glass basically. Supposedly you can sprinkle it around everywhere. There's a video on you be also showing what it does to bugs with hard shells. Once they get it on them it gets into thier joints. When they move it cuts tiny holes in the shells faster than they can repair them and they die by drying out. Never tried it tho as the funnel trapped wound up working so well I didn't need to try other things. I think my trap worked so well because once one female goes in to eat the bait it draws other males etc. Then before ya know it you have a ton inside.
    I 3D printed some of these fruit fly traps last year for Snapple bottles. Put some apple cider vinegar inside and it worked great.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had luck with Ortho Home Defense . Spray around perimeter of home outside & along baseboards inside along with initially nuking any problem spots . Haven't had a pro come in in years....no need .
    I’ve used that for the past few years. Seems to work good until the first rain. Then I have to apply again

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I 3D printed some of these fruit fly traps last year for Snapple bottles. Put some apple cider vinegar inside and it worked great.
    Yeah and if ya have rat problems, YouTube the video and watch how effective just a large bowl of peanut oil is. Pretty amazing. In the ancient times primitive people survived off using pit traps to catch anything that moved. It worked very well. So I imagine if you was to put out plastic jars and bury them at ground level with some mesh over them to keep leaves etc out would work too. Maybe some small drain holes also if they're exposed to weather. Just keep an eye on them about once a week and they likely can catch much of the unwanted critters in a safe non toxic manner. Once you get a good feel for it, with practice I bet you can tune traps like these to catch all sorts of critters. Main trick is knowing the sides are slippery or smooth enough so they can't crawl out. The mesh would keep toads etc out that you don't want to trap. It could work good also when paired with poisons if needed.
    Good luck hope it helps

Top Bottom