• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • critterbug

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If this has been beat to death, allow me to apologize in advance. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.
    I'm intrigued by the Remora holsters but am not sure about a clipless design.
    This will be for daily CCW.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a remora and while its great for throwing it on and running to the store i would NOT use it for every day carry. Its just not secure enough. For every day carry i use a Desantis intruder. Well made, protects the gun and is very comfortable. Not as expensive as many of the other hybrid holster either.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I LOVE Remoras. My 1911 goes in a leather holster, since it has a light trigger, I want all of the controls securely contained. For everything else, a Remora can't be beat, google the guy doing handstands with G19's. It's impressive. For me, if I have a belt on, it's a leather holster and my favorite 1911. If I don't have a belt on, it's a smaller gun in a Remora. WarEagle50 sells them. Good guy too. In fact, my buddy fell in love with my Remora today, so I sold it to him and will get a replacement from Shawn soon.

The clip less design of the Remora is pure genius and would serve you and your Glock extremely well for EDC. BTW, it's TWENTY FIVE dollars. Definitely worth a try at the very least.

Let us know how it turns out.
    $0.02...blah blah...

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Foxx Hybrid for almost the same price.... You cant beat any crossbreed-esque type holsters for comfort. Contact HRHolster on here. He's local and makes a great holster. Been using my HR for about 3 years now pretty much everyday all day and its still going strong. In fact Ive remolded the kydex 3 different times for 3 different guns and each time it fits like a glove. Im with bigbulls, I wouldnt recommend a remora for edc

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a remora and while its great for throwing it on and running to the store i would NOT use it for every day carry. Its just not secure enough. For every day carry i use a Desantis intruder. Well made, protects the gun and is very comfortable. Not as expensive as many of the other hybrid holster either.

Ive been eyeballing those Intruders as well but was kinda suspect about the plastic clips. Are they pretty durable?

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not tried this one yet but for those who like the clip draw/ minimal holsters this might be an option.

http://rcsgear.com/

I need to get a batter holster for my 23. I like the ease of kydex but hate how they remove the finish so fast. The leather should help with not marking up the gun like a normal Kydex does. I plan to get one for a 1911 I have & if I like will get one for my 23 as well.

http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thunder-iwb/

Last edited:

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been eyeballing those Intruders as well but was kinda suspect about the plastic clips. Are they pretty durable?
    Yeah, very durable. You would have to try to pull them apart to get them to break. They look to be the same Nylon injected material that polymer frames are made of.

cavecity821

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is what I carry my Glocks in.... its the most comfortable holster I've ever worn and only $30 for a basic holster. you can also tuck your shirt in over it and it is adjustable... They carry a lifetime warranty, 30 day test drive, and if you buy a different gun, they'll swap out your holster for free... highly recommended!

http://aliengearholsters.com/

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like those aliengear. Doesnt look like they have all that not needed leather that most companies use. That was my only gripe with the HR. I ended up trimming a lot of the leather off. Plus the free holster if you change guns is pretty sweet

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Comptac makes great holsters. several models to choose from. I like their MTAC for concealed carry.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought one of those alien gears for my shield....... I hated it. The inside leather was unfinished and rough against my skin and it disn't hold the pistol worth a darn. The little "spacers" they give you to adjust the tension on the holster are crookedly cut automotive hose. I adjusted that holster ten ways to Sunday and it never would hold my pistol properly. After wearing quality holsters, the alien gear is chincy at best.

Last edited:

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the Alien Gear review bigbulls. Was considering one for my PX4. Ultimately decided on the Galco KingTuk for my shield. Because I work on Eglin, I can't carry every day with any practicality but it's been comfortable so far. Talk about a rule that needs to get changed..... There's been enough examples lately that even military bases are from from exempt from Those Who Would Do Harm. Eglin has had its own as of late too

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom