• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • @Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I never had an issue here before this. After a quick look, it seems I'm the only one the board hasn't molested yet.

I was under contract and closing on the house next week. Now I'm not.

I don't have any proof the two are linked but it seems suspicious.

The prospective buyer was within their 15 day window so I'd say it's just as likely not related.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    There must be a way to vote out the HOA altogether. Start a grassroots movement and keep it going. Don't shut up about it online, signs, billboards, vehicle wraps. Then offer to shut up about getting them all fired as a compromise if they let you slide out of there without doing these building upgrades

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    HBTS is famous throughout the state for this type of crap. From fining you for things the house down the street did, requiring birth certificates to use the pool, to the board being robbed by its own attorney. Navarre was a crime riddled sh&@ hole when I made the unfortunate choice to live there and I got out as soon as our lease was up.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Damn I knew HBTS was bad.... but damn! Glad I live behind Walmart in Tiger Point with no HOA!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sooooo glad we don't have a HOA.

#^$% HOAs.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    So much crap all in the name of "protecting" property values... reminds me of a more famous "protection" racket...

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I never had an issue here before this. After a quick look, it seems I'm the only one the board hasn't molested yet.

I was under contract and closing on the house next week. Now I'm not.

I don't have any proof the two are linked but it seems suspicious.

The prospective buyer was within their 15 day window so I'd say it's just as likely not related.
    They probably saw the interest rates and got cold feet.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They probably saw the interest rates and got cold feet.
    Good chance.

I deal directly with the home buying process (WDO Inspections), the market has slowed a ton since August.

6 months ago, a house would be under contract in no more than 48 hours, and selling for 10-50k over asking.

Now, I'm seeing 2-3 weeks on average, with less than asking being par. I'm looking at one Tuesday that's been on the market 73 days before it was put under contract.

Safe to say, the Great Florida Freedom Rush is definitely over. However, even with the average buyer getting a loan at 6%, historically, that is still a pretty good rate.

I hope you get your house back under contract soon!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Our house was on the market for about two weeks before going under contract.

It's been back on the market for about a week and we have a bunch of showings scheduled.

The huge panic buy late last year/ this spring may well reoccur given the upcoming mid-terms and over reach in dark blue states.

Nationally, the housing market would look bad if multiple states lost people to the same two states.
    On a local level, those desirable areas to live would look good. Especially when compared to one of the states people are leaving.

At any rate, I'll be glad to sell and be moved now even if the market is better in 6 months.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Buy an old junk car. Spray paint it orange and put giant confederate flags on it. The older and crappier the better! Then spray paint a number 2 on it all over the place. You now have a number 2 General Lee! Now any garage it's inside is now technically a "2 car garage" lol

Trust me they'll love it! Thank me later

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It’s crazy how off the chain the HOA is in a flooded swamp. My wife tried to look at homes there when we moved here. Thankfully we were shopping after a good rain.

The HOA was def the deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep there is a reason why a lot of land in Florida hadn't been built on before especially waterfront and low-lying land. A 100 years ago you couldn't give waterfront property away. People knew it sucked living on the water in a swamp. This is why all those millionaires on Scenic Highway have a railroad in their backyard because it was the cheapest land around for the railroad at the time. Hard to believe how times have changed, but they mainly changed because people from out of state bought land they didn't understand

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL, I know a fellow in south central Florida that sold farmland that he bought for $6000 an acre, for $168,500 an acre. To top that his yankee friends thought he sold it to cheap. Developers have filled so many flag ponds on the south Florida coast that it’s a wonder it doesn’t sink .

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    With a hurricane in the gulf, new home insurance policies will be frozen. Might impact the process for potential buyers, until the storm passes through.

Tuck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not surprised at this at all. I live in HBTS & the HOA has gotten worse over the years. My problems started with the requirement to hide garbage cans so they're taking up space in the garage...which would prevent parking two decent sized cars in there.

Anyway, I got a ticket for parking a car across the street. It looked like a junker but ran fine, wasn't parked there permanently, & wasn't in the road. BTW, across the street is supposed to be unimproved wetlands, so no harm no foul you'd think. Somehow a builder (Flynn, who has complaints about building on wetlands) paid off the right person & is now building a house across the road. We were told they couldn't be built on when we moved in but developers won't be satisfied or stopped until every inch of navarre has a house or apartments but that's a different rant.

I heard they're also writing tickets for no grass or too many weeds. I'm waiting for that one since there's a rental next door with little yard maintenance that spreads weeds & the area across the road has garbage grass like you see on a highway that has invaded my lawn along with weeds from over there too. I'll tell them HBTS has played a part in my yard & they should help pay for sod.

Evidently, a lady recently posted about HBTS requiring her to install blinds in her house. Now, I don't know if she could pass for Stacey Abrams & was walking around naked with the lights on but I'm not sure how an HOA could dictate rules inside the house. Again, not surprised.

I'd move if I could. Ok rant over. Good luck.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I recieved a letter from the HOA yesterday afternoon.

They state their goal is to maintain curb appeal.

I sent back photos of the garage with both garage doors in place. The curb appeal is unchanged. It's still a garage.

I also asked for their grandfather clause, without conceding any wrong doing and for the number of homes with the complaint as well as how many of those homes reached compliance.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sounds like a Hitler wannabe has gotten on the board.
    They can’t enforce a rule that they came up with after a house has been built.
    Spend a couple hundred $ and have an attorney write a letter.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They brought what they were used to with them when they fled the ice and snow and moved south. If that conduct wasn't welcomed/tolerated in the name of the almighty dollar, they probably wouldn't act that way very long.

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They brought what they were used to with them when they fled the ice and snow and moved south. If that conduct wasn't welcomed/tolerated in the name of the almighty dollar, they probably wouldn't act that way very long.
    Lots of folks exist solely on the restrain of those around them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom