HD Tactical

Gone... High quality Ontario brand machete for sale/trade, w/sheath+surplus MOLLE adapter for vest, belt, rucksack. $25

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: $25

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Price
    $25
    Item Location
    Milton/Pensacola/Hwy98
    Title says it. Only difference between this one and the genuine issued military machete is the high visibility orange handle (so you don't lose it in the woods) and a more compact blade length (lighter weight while still being stout, so it doesn't wear you out carrying it around every day). Even while being shorter and lighter weight, she still packs a punch, given that it's every bit as big and stout as most large bowies. Molded-on handle over a full tang, so there's no rivets to ever come loose (like the rivets the older style Ontario machete handles had). I bought this one brand new and used it once to murder a bush in my front yard, so she's in good shape and I'd say 90% condition, while retaining the factory edge. I put her in a milspec sheath that was new and cost me every bit of $20 or $30 by itself, and the MOLLE adapter is worth about $5. At a $25 price tag for used gear, overall savings off of new retail for the whole package is over $30, so that's a great deal. Used once now equals over half off! I shortened the sheath to fit the length of this particular Ontario. My machetes tend to stay dull on the tips, from being stuck in sandbars while processing firewood and also from digging, so I chose to save weight by shortening the sheath an extra couple of inches over the dull end. All sheath hardware and the MOLLE adapter is in great shape as I've never carried this particular one anywhere past the front yard

Screenshot_20220804-210728.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom