• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was perusing ebay as I do and ran across a paper target, marketed as moslin 98 or something and signed Hickok45, A paper target with a few holes in it, bid up to 58.00 or close , and thought WTF? I know who Hickok45 is and never thought a whole lot about his fame, but 58.00 for a prepunched target, and still climbing at auction?? Then I search all his items sold (completed listings) and see he has lots of targets averaging sale price around 100.00 to 200.00 per target?? wow, then see where he sold his 2 year old 9" steel gong for a whooping $2155.00 this guy must have a cult following. I guess he is a YouTube Rock Star, and at the bottom of the listing he is asking for folks to please stop sending donations via paypal until he get it sorted out, cause of some glitch? He must be getting funds every which way? What a nice job he has, Lucky guy!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Watch some of his vids and you will see. The old fart(like me) shoots everything and will change your mind about what some guns will do. For instance hitting that gong from 225 yards with a 500 Smith and Wesson. It is worth it to take some time to watch some of his vids.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He shot the 80yd gong with a PF9.. Pretty impressive to me. Best Ive done with mine is a 6in at 30yds..

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I enjoy watching his videos, a lot of good info on guns and gives fair opinion. I liked his reviews on the Ruger SR1911. His gun review vids are better than most. Still don't think I'd pay for a spent paper target though...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

molldog06

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoy watching his videos, a lot of good info on guns and gives fair opinion. I liked his reviews on the Ruger SR1911. His gun review vids are better than most. Still don't think I'd pay for a spent paper target though...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree the guy has some useful non biased reviews without all the stupid crap you see in some youtube gun videos. I cringe enough buying new targets, do not think I would buy anyone's used target(or shot to hell gong for that matter).

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I'm not mistaken, he sometimes sells targets and other things for charity. Not saying that's what you saw, but I think he has done that before.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That must be it, I bet thats why the bit on donations too, some foundation set up thing wasn't in place or something. I knew who he was and knew he was a good watch and all, but the ebay target thing threw me for a loop.
    Yep just double checked , here is what it said

This is the target from our video entitled "Mosin Nagant M38." Will ship USPS to any state in the United States.

You have probably seen the video, or you would not be here. If you've not seen this recent video, you can search the Hickok45 YouTube channel for it. It will be one of the most recent uploads. Thanks for supporting the channel, as well as a worthy cause. Except the charity donations keep bouncing back over and over from my Paypal account. I'm getting a little weary of dealing with it, so no more automatic donations until Paypal and 2nd Harvest figure out why they are not accepting the donation. I have enough to do without another technological "challenge." :)

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I like the fact he doesn't need background music and tacticool equipment. Doesn't discredit people or firearms just gives you his honest opinion.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't know, Snow. I have the suspicion that Mr. Woods is a pretty decent shot himself. Challenge? Lol.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a challange but to call him an amature is kind of far fetched in my mind.but that is just me. Just asken have you tried any 200 hundred yard shot yet with your cannon? That long tom should reach out there and touch someone.

It might be fun to see Woods and Kickok shoot off. I have seen him do some almost unbeleaveable things with short barreled guns. He telles it like he thinks and dose'nt pull any punches. But then he used to shoot in alot of matches when he was younger.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The man can shoot, that's for sure. I'm a fan, and I did try 200 yds at JJs when I first got one, but couldn't overcome the flinch enough to get anywhere close. All I had to shoot at the time were silver tips, which are NASTY!i think the Magtechs or my handloads would get me much much closer. I'll definitely try again.

I also know Mr. Woods is an instructor.

I was gonna do my first competition today, but I've got sick kids and have also caught the bug myself. Ugh!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will be fun when you overcome the flinch. Hand loads are most likely be your best bet. I think Hickok even said something about the flinch.

I would just guess there are few on this forum that have shot as many guns as Hickok or for that matter as many rounds. Like I said he used to compete when people still used leather hosters. I know that didn't make him good but he has been around. Maybe jj has shot as many cause he has ben around a LOOOONG time. Just joken jj

Maybe Woods could post some of his vids shooting steel targets at the ranges Hickok does to show he is better. I love to watch good shooters.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Old School ? Why hell, back when I was young we had to shoot up hill both ways, barefoot in the snow!

Top Bottom