• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Kudos for keeping his cool. Where I grew up, if you get grabbed from behind in a public place, chances are you'll never be seen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUPAGUNT

Master
    That old man showed more restraint than I would have that is for sure..

SAWMAN

Master
    I carry a OTF Benchmade Infidel(also) for just such occasions. He would have had 6 or 8 really deep gashes fully across his forearms before I would go unconscious. --- SAWMAN

Snow Bird

Master
    Death Wish is all I can say.

Clay

Master
    The only thing that could make this story any better is if the victim was a cop or Fed!

Viking1204

Master
    I carry a OTF Benchmade Infidel(also) for just such occasions. He would have had 6 or 8 really deep gashes fully across his forearms before I would go unconscious. --- SAWMAN

I have a Kershaw in my pocket that would do the same if I didn't flip him over and body slam him first.

SAWMAN

Master
    Please allow me to forewarn the intended aggressors of this ol' faht. -->

I am old so the "normal" laws of you attacking someone do not hold true. If you are bigger than me,stronger than me,faster than me or better trained than me,that all will be deciding factors at your trial,that will have a factor in your sentencing(the time you serve,at the "service" of the other prisoners).I have more latitude as far as how I defend myself and using what implement to do so. Basically ...... how far I am allowed to go TO HURT YOU. Remember also --> I might possibly still consider you a direct threat,AFTER you no longer consider yourself a direct(or indirect)threat.

I have a Fla CWP which allows me to carry(for self protection)about anything that I feel the need for. Besides a firearm I usually have,on my person,one or more of the following items: ASP(expandable nightstick)and yep,I have been trained in it's use by a certified instructor),Sap or billy,slung shot(in the way of fishing sinkers),laced onto a short piece of paracord,a serrated Spyderco(Police) or a Benchmade OTF Infidel,and other items that are available to be used in a H to H situation or a ground grapple.

But my main weapon is situational awareness and my RESOLVE. My resolve not to be a victim. In the past I have never fought fair. I am not about to start now.

And...GOD DAMMIT ..... please do not think that I will do as the police seem to have to do .... warn you several times that I am about to shoot you if you do not behave. The first hand that is laid on me is considered assault,that Immediately gives me the right to defend myself.

Rest of you ol' faht's out there --> give this a ponder. Make a plan,have a plan,protect yourself and family. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Seems to me from what I've read and the videos is that the CCW holder had the guy figured out pretty early on in the confrontation. Of course, it's never a good idea to arm chair quarterback but I hope I would react the same as him in a similar situation.

If someone jumped me in a parking lot surrounded by witnesses and the attacker was spewing nonsense like this guy was you would be a whole lot better off legally letting the situation stabilize. The choke hold was a possible issue. I would like to think (again speculating) that the good guy knew what was going down after a few seconds. As long as it didn't escalate to banging my head on the pavement and I could breath I could ride it out and get my justice later. Though, it would have been sweet if the idiot would have come out with a shattered jaw and missing teeth, you know, just so he went about his life from now on using some critical thinking skills.

This is being discussed heavily on a large forum I frequent that's full of anti types and hard core liberal weenies. The loonies are using this as a platform for "see, a gun didn't help then, did it?". I'm using it back at them to illustrate the "Just because you have a hammer, not everything is a nail" line of reasoning. They don't get it, which promotes further a progressive's lack of thought, understanding and clear cut use of facts.

Seanpcola

Oh, I understand the immediacy of shutting an attacker down. Just thinking.

If I got jumped by a dude my age and he's yelling "he's got a gun" I "think"I would figure out the problem. If he was young or fit the, uhmmm, profile, it would be more desparate. But, as i stated, I don't know, I wasn't there and I'm basing this on what I would HOPE I would do. I'm confident I would shoot someone if I really had to, I would just like to avoid the publicity if at all possible.

Bet the CCW holder sues the idiots pants off.

SAWMAN

Master
    Like John sez ---> + Sean,your business and not trying to tell you how you should handle things ... BUT ... couple of things that I picked up from your posts (11,13)above. You seem to want to stay REactive rather than PROactive. I feel that if you have to ponder/determine how old the perp is,how fit the perp is,where you are located,etc .... the perp ALREADY has the upper hand. You are already just waiting to react to what the perp does. There is a time lag.

ME ---> I do not want to be hurt. I do not want to have to/be forced to hurt anyone,weather I feel that they deserve it or not. Old,young,male,female,adult,child(<18yo),physically handicapped,or mentally handicapped. All the same to me. Another human being,allowed to walk the same streets that I walk,has NO justification laying a hand on me. For whatever reason,if they do,I will be PROACTIVE.

Please notice here,I am NOT trying to tell anyone what to do or how they should react.

"Let's all stay safe out there". (Hill Street Blues) --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

I don't disagree with you or John one bit Sawman. And I certainly can't second guess the CCW holder.

I really try to keep up with situation awareness and hope I never get blind sided like this. I'm just thinking out loud about the good guy. He's grabbed out of the blue, idiot is yelling "he's got a gun!" Good guy is probably thinking "Holy shit, this guy thinks I'm a thug" or whatever. Also, he may have been concentrating on retaining his pistol more than proving he's harmless. Add to it he's wondering if he's gonna get shot if he pulls his gun because now you have crowd of onlookers thinking he's a terrorist or plain old thug.

I've never been in a life or death situation, some of you have. I just hope if I find myself there I do the right thing. I don't feel that the idiot deserved to get shot or killed. I know that's a judgement easier made now sitting in comfortable chair. Guess I'm saying the good guy went straight to offensive instead of defensive.

Dan1612

Master
    I have a Kershaw in my pocket that would do the same if I didn't flip him over and body slam him first.

Viking would be about the last person on this forum to ever be on the receiving end of an attempted tackle. He's even bigger than me, and his fists are like Thor's hammer.

Anyone wanna tackle him? Have at it, but I want front row seats. Lol.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Viking would be about the last person on this forum to ever be on the receiving end of an attempted tackle. He's even bigger than me, and his fists are like Thor's hammer.

Anyone wanna tackle him? Have at it, but I want front row seats. Lol.

Hey, hold my beer...watch this. Lol!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I wonder in cases like this with being over 65 if the guy would get a felony charge in FL just for hitting me?

Top Bottom