Patriot Mobile

Here us what happens with 300 black out.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He has done three videos on this and now finally concludes it was a 300 blackout in a 5.56 chamber as some of us were telling him and not the adjustable gas port that he put on the gun.
    lesson learned by me is make absolutely sure that I do not repeat the same mistake.
    I have decided to use just one brand of magazine for 300 blackout and will be supper careful not to mix the two rounds. I will also have to be looking into 6.5 g vs 7.62x39 to see if a dangerous mix up is possible.
    Last in series of three

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

spray grit clear would also even give you a tactile feel difference even in the dark to be able to distinguish which mage is the correct one...even comes in clear.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    That's a real headache trying to get fire formed brass out of a chamber. I had a CZ52 pistol do that to me once and I broke a multi tool getting it out. It had ripped the back of the case off, chambered the next round and of course because its a bottle nosed cartridge it fed right into the old case and had an out of battery explosion. It took quite a while to get that thing serviceable again.

Shovelhead

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a few AR platforms and have been concerned for myself or another person unfamiliar with my builds.
    Research lead me to various color rubber bands. I put a color on the rifle grip and magazines for that caliber have the same rubber band. Makes me feel a tad safer.

.223/556 I use blue as shown.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
      IMG_0228.JPG
      79.3 KB · Views: 114

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Guy has no business building or modifying AR's for other people if he initially thought opening up the gas block caused the problem. Shows he doesn't thoroughly understand how things work.

He needs to take down his initial video, if not already done, because while he might not have come right out and said the JP Adjustable GB was the cause, he certainly insinuates it...

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Saw a guy accidentally chamber a 223 in x39 ar, luckly it went too far in to go off. Had to knock it out with ramrod.

I had a guy do that in class... it fired... brass simply blew out to form to the chamber.

Guy it happened to is on Capital City Gun Forum.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guy has no business building or modifying AR's for other people if he initially thought opening up the gas block caused the problem. Shows he doesn't thoroughly understand how things work.

He needs to take down his initial video, if not already done, because while he might not have come right out and said the JP Adjustable GB was the cause, he certainly insinuates it...
    I agree with you. At least he was honest when he found out the truth.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use plastic mags for 300 and metal for 556
    plus 1 for that. One of the reasons I use Lancers is they come in different colors, I use one color for 300 blk and one for 5.56 real hard to mix them up that way.

Attachments

• main-qimg-d61f705ed3a004fd7c87b28ef8f9c68c-c.jpg
      main-qimg-d61f705ed3a004fd7c87b28ef8f9c68c-c.jpg
      129.5 KB · Views: 125

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't know they made lancers in pink...(300bo joke)
    I prefer puce :) . I fell for all the hype when the 300 blk first came out. I even bought a suppressor tuned especially for the 300, but my suppressed 9mm AR is still quieter and IMHO with the latest high tech bullets, just a lethal, so the 300 is collecting dust in the safe right now (so I guess I actually have zero chance of getting the calibers mixed up). I won't sell it though, the long fat bullets are so adorable.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I prefer puce :) . I fell for all the hype when the 300 blk first came out. I even bought a suppressor tuned especially for the 300, but my suppressed 9mm AR is still quieter and IMHO with the latest high tech bullets, just a lethal, so the 300 is collecting dust in the safe right now (so I guess I actually have zero chance of getting the calibers mixed up). I won't sell it though, the long fat bullets are so adorable.

a 9mm is not as good as a 300 blk out of a small package.

Top Bottom