• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went through the compact .22 thought process recently also. I have the SW-15 and I have a folder 10/22. I ended up with the tactical solutions takedown. It’s a 10/22 design and it checked all my boxes. It is compact, plenty of mags and bullets on the rifle (4 mags/ 40 rounds), great sights (I scoped it) threaded so I can suppress it and with my HD mask on it being bolt action it’s Hollywood quiet. I am at the age stealth beats firepower.

Attachments

• 3B8AD6CD-DEA0-4411-8346-DBA8B74100E9.jpeg
      3B8AD6CD-DEA0-4411-8346-DBA8B74100E9.jpeg
      686 KB · Views: 61

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shows in stock. Know nothing about this vendor though.
    Be like putting a dress on a pig. The issue with the A-7 is the mag, poor feeding and lack of a forend lol that part would take the only functional part of the gun away

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve had an AR7 for at least 40 years. I’ve never had a problem with it. It has always gone bang when I needed it too and has shot a pile of snakes and other vermin. It was the only game in town when I got it. Probably better things out there today but for what it was designed to do it works fine. As far as the stock ergonomics it is designed to take down and store in the stock and float so I don’t see how it could be smaller.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    My 10/22 has a folding stock, my charger has a folding brace, 10" treaded bull barrel.
    I looked hard at the 22 pistol POF puts out (I think called a Rebel) my draw was it took Ruger mags.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You need to ask yourself what you want the gun to do. Can you beat a Ruger 10/22 ? In my opinion no, yet I own two AR/7’s. I like the AR7 for the nostalgia, the story, the survival rifle. I will probably buy more !

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Marlin Papoose is a waaay better choice
    Yep. I've had a Papoose and a takedown 10/22 and I very much more prefer the Papoose. The AR7 has such weird ergonomics because it was designed to only be used in an emergency, and to float and be 100% enclosed/protected in its case/stock to survive that emergency, purpose built. If you want something to never shoot and just to have on hand in a truck or boat then the AR7 really does fulfill that mission better than anything else

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Its a survival rifle. Thats its cool factor and selling point. Good for people who spend a day in the woods and can easily get lost backpackers, hikers, campers, canoe, big game hunters that walk in circles. Cant tell the AFT that you lost it in a canoe accident because that shit floats . Ammo stays dry in the buttstock if you have to cross a river. Stuff like that make it good for what it is. It is good enough for minute of hungry. Outside of getting lost it doesnt compare to other 22s.
    Yep what he said

Top Bottom