• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Lasers that project a dot can be helpful. Red dots on pistols is not the future, its now. Tha common mistake that people new to red dots on pistols make is trying to "find" the dot. Its there, same place every time. Its your presentation of the pistols fault, not the dot. Reps are the key to any presentation of a pistol. Modern Samurai Project says about 1,000 reps. I'm way faster putting rounds on target with a dot on a pistol. You have to untrain the mantra of front sight and focus on the target not the front sight.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    50 years of muscle memory is a bitch to re-train. I greatly appreciate all the perspectives. I think I’ll keep my self defense weapons with iron. I do think red/green dot has a place in hunting.
    Thanks to the brethren.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Red dots, green dots, lasers on pistols for self defense are all the current fad created by the companies that make them. Iron sights, night sights will never let you down.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Red dots, green dots, lasers on pistols for self defense are all the current fad created by the companies that make them. Iron sights, night sights will never let you down.
    Never run out of batteries, never have a screen break, never have screws loose in a plate/tray/slide, never be a target indicator lighting yourself up like a red or green Christmas tree...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Look at the target. Both eyes open. Bring the gun(and the sights) to your sight line. Practiced presentation will bring the sights and dot to where you want them. That's assuming you're standing and want an "aimed" shot. Lasers are fun but tendency(myself included) is to forget fundamentals and just move the dot around. They do offer a capability but it's one most probably don't need or won't train for. Red dots are a wonderful tool but if you play the odds on how/when you'll use your firearm in a DGU, I don't think it'll help in that situation. If I was going to the Nakatomi Christmas party, I'd want a red dot though.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom