• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi, I'm new to guns so I wanted to learn more about them. I recently got my CCW so I will be here looking for a good CCW pistol.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hello from Milton! The learning curve is fast, so borrow or rent the first few you get some range time with, so that you get a feel for what you want before spending hundreds of dollars. It's hard to go wrong with a Glock 19, a midsize 9mm. IF I had to choose only one, that would be it. The 9mm Glock and all of its models is probably the most popular pistol ever made for CC, home defense, law enforcement and internationally for like 100 other countries. The G19 shares mags with 3 other Glock model pistols and at least a dozen different carbines, AR pistols, AK pistols and Kriss Vectors, etc. Mags, parts and ammo for it can normally be found just about everywhere.

Last edited:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Welcome from Gulf Breeze. Like Raven said, borrowing or renting some pistols to try out before you buy is a great idea. The manner in which you dress and how you plan to carry will also affect your firearm choice.

JMB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome from Gulf Breeze. Like Raven said, borrowing or renting some pistols to try out before you buy is a great idea. The manner in which you dress and how you plan to carry will also affect your firearm choice.
    I saw that the Glock 43x fits really well with me, but I don't know what I want yet.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I saw that the Glock 43x fits really well with me, but I don't know what I want yet.
    With the new Shield brand mags those G43X's have the same 15+1 rounds of 9mm as a G19 but in a way smaller package. A respectable choice. I carried a 43X and went back to carrying a G26 and then a G19. Mainly for mag compatibility with my carbines and $15 used mags at the gun shows. The 43X doesn't have mag compatibility with anything except another 43 or 43X, and Shield brand 15 round mags are like $80 a piece on average on the forum and eternally backordered on the Shield website.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Welcome bud. My 2 cents on advice on what to get as a carry gun is.. the SIG P365 series. If anything at least ask about these. I carry the P365XL myself. It's It's slightly larger model. But even the smaller model carries I think 13+1. They come factory with everything u need right out of the box as far as upgrades. And that's things like double slide serrations.. good tritium night sights.. and a good straight trigger that breaks at 90° degrees every single time. And they are all precut to accept red dots. They make a model with or without safety. I prefer the no safety model. Only bad thing is they have a proprietary rail system. So getting a light is a bit tricky cause not many fit. But it's modular and they sell other grips too I think tho to fix it easy. But you get alot of bang for ya buck. I went thru alot of carry guns till I finally decided on this one. So yeah check it out

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome to the forum, great to have you! There's a plethora of information on the forum, most is solid advice. Like others have said, read/research/ ask questions and hopefully avoid some of the cost in the learning curve that we've endured. Haha

Top Bottom