• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am trying to ship a handgun to an FFL in Palm Bay, FL (32905). I have called several gun shops and most want $75-100 to ship it. UPS quoted me $73, and FedEx wouldn't even do it.

Are there any other reasonably priced options around here? I am in Milton.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ship via FedEx ground all the time -- averages $15 for a handgun. The next day air thing is a company policy -- not a federal law... Get a good FedEx counter clerk -- and it will go ground...

You may want to check with Nate Horner of Little Jack's Guns north of Milton where 89 & 87 come together. He works out of his house -- but a google search will produce his phone number. He charges $15 for a firearm transfer with a background check -- so I'm guessing $10 plus whatever USPS charges is what he'd do it for.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ship via FedEx ground all the time -- averages $15 for a handgun. The next day air thing is a company policy -- not a federal law... Get a good FedEx counter clerk -- and it will go ground...

You may want to check with Nate Horner of Little Jack's Guns north of Milton where 89 & 87 come together. He works out of his house -- but a google search will produce his phone number. He charges $15 for a firearm transfer with a background check -- so I'm guessing $10 plus whatever USPS charges is what he'd do it for.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up finding his info via google and gave him a call; he should be helping me out tomorrow for a much more reasonable price.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BIG +1 for Little Jack's! He helped me out big time and was very easy to do business with. His prices were half as much as the cheapest rates I could find in the area. I will definitely be using him for any future business.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, it would be nice to get Dixie on board. I had a gun shipped to Mike's outdoors, it cost me 50 bucks. LOL

God Bless

Moose

They were the cheapest I'd found while calling around everywhere in the area. Jay's wanted $100 and a pawn shop on Caroline wanted $40 plus shipping costs. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my FFL ships ups for around $15

coastal guns here local transfers in for 20+5

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my FFL ships ups for around $15

coastal guns here local (pensacola) transfers in for 20+5

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know the answer,but why not just ship it?

+1, I bought a trap gun from a dentist in Washington State. He faxed a copy of his DL to Ubers and sent it direct from his end to Ubers. I sent my Charter .38 to Charter's repair facility in Conneticut and they sent it back... No FFL involved. Since I insured the package for $300, the lady @ UPS asked me what was in the box. My reply: Finished machine parts. I'm pretty sure that if the FFL in S. FL has your I.D. in advance, you can send it on yourself. Pick up the phone and call the lady @ Ubers, .... pretty sure she'll tell you it's cool.

collectorden

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fedex will ship to an ffl from an individual.

It's recommended you print out their rules to show the counter clerk when you ship.

http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/rulestariff/prohibited_articles.html

Quote from fedex regs:

B. Firearms
    1. Carrier will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:

i. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S.or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or

ii. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To the OP and anyone else interested.

I ship for $10 plus the shipping cost. For handguns, they usually fit in a Medium Flat rate USPS box. Ends up being $13 with signature confirmation. FWIW

Top Bottom