Handgun accuracy

J pace

Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just like to start a discussion about handgun accuracy , there seems to be a lot of people out there the doubt you can hit anything with a handgun at any distance. What are the thoughts or experience from the group
<

joraca

Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how fast you are shooting it, too. An expert at slow fire, offhand, with a match grade gun and ammo, will have about an inch of dispersion for every 10 yards distance. Probably less than 1/2 that from a rest.

Last edited:

PINELOG

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of practice and knowing your weapon . Technique is very important also. As a retired leo i had to qualify for 29 years , both with a revolver and a pistol. If you shoot with others who are proficient , watch and learn .

SAWMAN

Master
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
IMO it is all about bbl length,sights,and trigger.
A 60 - 70 yd shot with the right gun with a dot or scope is highly doable.
I did some shooting at range with my Glock 20 and green LASERMAX laser. It was deer/hog accurate at 70 yds.
Now my Magnum Reserch Lone Eagle (243Win )with its 2-6X scope is good out to XX yds. --- SAWMAN
665f_2.jpg

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can hit a 66% IPSC target all day long at 50 yards, and "darn near all the time" at 100 yards with a standard G19 or G34 with junk ball ammo.

I'm no champion pistol shooter. Sometimes when class ends slightly with time to spare, I do a "walk back", sometimes with pistol, sometimes with rifle.

There were at least three members from this site that witnessed me hit a full size IPSC target at 200 yards, standing/unsupported, with a G34, on the first shot. Stupidly long range shooting with a pistol is something I do often "just for fun". One would be surprised to see it's doable.

It can be done... if you 1) hold still; 2) get a good sight picture; and 3) make a clean trigger press.

Baddog 0302

Marksman
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would just like to start a discussion about handgun accuracy , there seems to be a lot of people out there the doubt you can hit anything with a handgun at any distance. What are the thoughts or experience from the group
When most people hear "handgun" they think 4 or 6 inch "wheel guns" or Glocks , Smith's and other auto loaders. In another "handgun" shooting event, there are 8 & 10" Dan Wesson's, FA's, T/C's , MOA's and other long range specialty pistols.
Long Range Pistol Shooting
To see a local match, check the Pensacola Rifle and pistol match schedule . They also shooters to use their 22 LR rifles.

G-rat

AR14 shooter
Staff member
Super Moderator
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
out to Element Training in Holt we often hit the 100yd range with pistol for fun. several dudes hit B7 targets on the berm at 100yds. there's targets at 50yds that get busted too. handguns are way more capable than most of us are able to take advantage of...

Top Bottom