• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So my wife started in on me about how she is better (more accurate) with a pistol than I am. I am long gun dependent, at 54 my eyes require red dots and scopes. Can I hit a target with a pistol ? ABSOLUTELY !! Can I hit the bullseye every time NOPE ! But I told her in a gunfight I am looking to do one of three things either hit you and take you out of the fight, ankle, shoulder, hand, anything to allow me and mine to escape to live to fight another day or I am looking to buy time to get me to my long gun to be able to put two to center mass, or I am just looking to sling enough lead to keep their head down to escape ! Thoughts ???

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am thinking if things have gotten bad enough to pull your firearm from wherever it may be, and just point it at someone, it is a life or death situation. Which means if they are alive, you are dead.

While that sounds bravado the statistics show that many a gun fight has ended with the loser being wounded or overwhelmed with firepower to allow one to escape. It is not only a one scenario situation “I kill him I survive to fight another day”.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm think getting shot in the leg, ankle, or other extremity would keep you from pulling a firearm even if on the ground and shooting the person running away in the back. Seems pretty risky to turn and run if you have the upper hand. Maybe check turning to check your surroundings for more threats. I'm just keeping in mind that the person did something threatening enough to make you fear for your life. Wounded animals with a bunch of adrenaline are even more of a threat than they were moments ago.
    Now if you dumped most of your mag and missed or it didn't phase them, run like hell!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If drawing, start low and follow through. One to crotch/hip, one to lower belly, one to center mass/chest, reevaluate the situation.

IDPA was good fun and training.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    We were taught - -> if you MUST move rearward,you do it with your face and weapon towards the enemy.
    If you are with friends,one man clears your movement rearward. You never outpace him. He stops,you stop.
    There is nothing wrong with rearward movement as long as it could give you the tactical advantage.
    Bottom line,save yourself and family. Shoot the threat to the ground as long as the laws stay on your side.
    Shoot, remembering how many shots you have available. After everything is said and done,you must convince a jury of non gun savy dummies why you had to kill this "poor" previously convicted felon,with a record as long as your arm.
    Then,of course,you will be sued by the dead guys relatives.
    Then ..... if the perp was anything other than white - - -> "holy sh!t" your up the creek. --- SAWMAN

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We were taught - -> if you MUST move rearward,you do it with your face and weapon towards the enemy.
    If you are with friends,one man clears your movement rearward. You never outpace him. He stops,you stop.
    There is nothing wrong with rearward movement as long as it could give you the tactical advantage.
    Bottom line,save yourself and family. Shoot the threat to the ground as long as the laws stay on your side.
    Shoot, remembering how many shots you have available. After everything is said and done,you must convince a jury of non gun savy dummies why you had to kill this "poor" previously convicted felon,with a record as long as your arm.
    Then,of course,you will be sued by the dead guys relatives.
    Then ..... if the perp was anything other than white - - -> "holy sh!t" your up the creek. --- SAWMAN
    I believe new rule of law now is if you are shooter and other than white, you get a ride back to the homestead, dinner on the way, and law enforcement will clean your firearm and reload your mags for you.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Tight groups matter on paper. Shoot till the threat is no longer a threat. One round, one mag, all the rounds you have with you. Even Col. Jeff Cooper said tight groups aren't necessary in a gun fight. Only real way to stop a baddie is thoracic cavity. Pelvic girdle works to bring them down but no guarantees it stops them from shooting back. Purposely shooting in arm or leg may end up getting you charged. Deadly force is only justified if the intent is a dead bad guy...

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tight groups matter on paper. Shoot till the threat is no longer a threat. One round, one mag, all the rounds you have with you. Even Col. Jeff Cooper said tight groups aren't necessary in a gun fight. Only real way to stop a baddie is thoracic cavity. Pelvic girdle works to bring them down but no guarantees it stops them from shooting back. Purposely shooting in arm or leg may end up getting you charged. Deadly force is only justified if the intent is a dead bad guy...
    100% true

Latest posts

Top Bottom