• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Mind boggling that someone would leave their firearm in an unlocked vehicle. My EDC is always on me, and though I use to, I decided a while back to no longer keep a second "truck gun" in my always locked truck. But for these people to not even lock their doors...
    29nz609.jpg

Escambia County Deputies say it's a problem that not getting any better. Nearly every day, a gun is stolen from an unlocked vehicle.

http://www.weartv.com//news/feature...unlocked-vehicles-escambia-county-55170.shtml

NCTransplant

Expert
    Kinda asking for trouble if you ask me. I know it is very important for the officers to find the stolen gun, but maybe they need to reconsider giving it back to the owner without a good talking to.

SAWMAN

Master
    I ALWAYS lock my truck ..... and ..... there is ALWAYS a firearm inside the cab.

How about this ---> COPS do your effin job. I have lived in this neighborhood for the last almost 11 years and have seen a COP actually patrol this area about 4 times. ECSO do not actually "patrol". They are simply somewhere(usually at the substation in Molino),they get a call,they respond and write a "report". That's it !! So ................. ?

BTW .... this ain't a COP bashin' ........... this is simply the truth. ---- SAWMAN

Fletch

Master
    I don't intentionally leave vehicles unlocked but did come out one morning to find my wife's SUV tailgate open. No gun was left in it and nothing was stolen. We figured out that the gate button on the key fob must have been inadvertently pressed while the keys where in my pocket. With key fobs I can see how vehicles could unknowingly become unlocked. Now I try to remember to hit the lock button on ours before going to bed just in case.

Va boy

Marksman
    Don't rely solely on your key fob to lock the doors without physically pulling on the handles once in a while. An unnoticed non-working lock allowed easy entry one night. They got in about 8 cars in my neighborhood. 05 Dodge truck. Thing that pissed me off more than the crime is the neighbors to this day have never mentioned it . Folks don't talk anymore. I get it. But this should have gotten everyone talking. Nope. Tunnel vision.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    If I hit the electronic unlock on my truck,and I do not open a door within 20 seconds,it automatically relocks. Seems to be a great feature. --- SAWMAN

Va boy

Marksman
    When I hit the lock and think mine is locked, it ain't always so. This feature allowed me to get my truck cleaned out. Life lesson learned. They only got a flashlight. But I liked that light.

Fletch

Master
    It would be nice to find a way to energize the door handle to give them a nice little surprise when they go to pull it! Probably ended being sued for doing it though. Or forget and light yourself up!

kendive

Master
    Yep, happened in my neighborhood. I never, ever leave a firearm in a vehicle, and I never leave it unlocked.

I leave a firearm in the truck... But the truck is in the garage with about three cameras you gotta pass to get to it and an alarm system.

JBryan314

Master
    I always lock my Jeep and it has manual only locks. I like that. I have only ever left my firearm in it a few times, inside the locked console. But I have avoided doing that ever since Morgan started running those "don't leave your guns in your car" radio commercials several weeks ago. When I heard that, I knew it must be getting to be a real problem. They don't pay for commercials to warn against something that isn't happen a lot.

Problem is, my work doesn't allow guns in the building despite being located in the middle of the ghetto. So I guess I'll have to figure something out.

Seanpcola

That's different Ken. I mean, outside, in the dark, at night. I'm not concerned at my house either, I'm the only one that didn't get hit on that Saturday night. My house looks dark but if you get near it it'll light up like a day at the beach.

jakec

Master
    I feel pretty good about where I live and haven't heard of anything happening. I talk to my neighbors anytime I see them. I also keep a gun im the vehicles I have that I can lock. sawman have yall had any problems in your neighborhood?

SAWMAN

Master
    Yep,sure have Jake. You have too,directly in back of you over where Kingsfield takes a couple sharp bends. Several cars parked in driveways have been hit. My neighborhood has been hit,however only unlocked cars. So has Ironhorse.

I have a infared(no visable flash) game camera watching my driveway where I park my truck. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

I'm president of Beulah's neighborhood watch committee and try to keep informed of goings on. That car ransacked night is the first I've heard of in years and my neighbor's say it's the first. There's crap going on everywhere though. In the case of the car pilferings that I'm talking about it was young kids and the gun was recovered.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Owning a gun carries a responsibility to maintain it securely, not left in an unlocked, unalarmed vehicle.

jakec

Master
    Yep,sure have Jake. You have too,directly in back of you over where Kingsfield takes a couple sharp bends. Several cars parked in driveways have been hit. My neighborhood has been hit,however only unlocked cars. So has Ironhorse.

I have a infared(no visable flash) game camera watching my driveway where I park my truck. --- SAWMAN
    I knew there were some iffy people on that back part of kingsfield. I thought yall might be ok where your at. I guess nobody is really. ive always wondered why everybody doesn't have a game camera on their driveway now.

jakec

Master
    Owning a gun carries a responsibility to maintain it securely, not left in an unlocked, unalarmed vehicle.

in the walmart parking lot yes. I consider my unlocked vehicle in my driveway secure if im home. an alarm will only scare a young kid or a first timer.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    no unlocked vehicle is secure unless you are in it. By the way IP live CCTV Cams are cheap and you can watch even on a smart phone from anywhere.

jakec

Master
    my buddy has that cctv stuff your talking about. its pretty sweet. pretty cheap too.

Top Bottom