• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I just might go to the one this weekend.
    They pissed me off raising their admission price every show but I haven’t been in probably 3 years and curious to see what the guy with the nice Smith and Wessons has, assuming he still shows up.
    Would love to find a nice older model 29.
    Don't quote me, and I could be wrong, but I don't think he was at the last show.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a big collectors gun show coming to Lakeland Fl Middle of September.. There usually are some S&Ws there.. Per the prices I have not even a guess..

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’m sure it’s expensive to sell at a gun show so far from home.
    By the time you add travels exps, food, lodging and table exps I don’t see how it could be worthwhile.

Reactions: Ron

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To generalize is always a mistake. But there are several dealers that I have seen where they really are selling guns as a hobby. The money they make is to just replace the guns they sell on the table and cover costs.

They stay at relations houses then they go to shows to lower costs, have even heard of them sleeping in the shows overnight doubling as security.

Many times when they start to run short of inventory they pull items that they collected and start to sell that.

The profit margins for some these guys are very thin and barely seem to cover their expenses. But they just like to sell guns and go to shows.

And then there are others that run their tables as a business.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I was going to go to the gun show and look for a new pistol (high-end SIG or a Colt Delta Elite 10mm) and try and sell or trade my BCM Mid-16 Mod 2, but that may be a wash now. I just forked out some change to buy a guys slightly used Wilson Combat P320 with an Accu-Tune straight trigger that was advertised on another forum of which I belong. I had to travel over there and waste $10 to walk in, walk around, and leave with what I came in with. I have done that too many times. Who knows, maybe this time may be different.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, I went, I saw, and I left carrying what I went in with. Jay's did have a nice assortment of higher-end SIG pistols (mostly Legion models). They have a SIG P320 AXG Classic that would have loved to be able to buy. All in all, the room was kind of sparse.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Well, I went, I saw, and I left carrying what I went in with. Jay's did have a nice assortment of higher-end SIG pistols (mostly Legion models). They have a SIG P320 AXG Classic that would have loved to be able to buy. All in all, the room was kind of sparse.

By any chance did you check out the lever gun / revolver situation in there? Probably going to head out there tomorrow morning and have a look

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I did see a few lever guns, but did not look at the makers. Most of the revolvers (SAAs) I saw were Heritage Rough Riders. I did see a Cimarron in .45LC. There may have been other SAAs as I was not looking all that hard for them. There were several types of SA/DA revolvers by various makers.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    When I heard the S&W guy wasn’t there I decided not to go. Covid also played into my decision.
    You didn’t happen to see any 6”+ barrel S&W 29s did you?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    When I heard the S&W guy wasn’t there I decided not to go. Covid also played into my decision.
    You didn’t happen to see any 6”+ barrel S&W 29s did you?

I did not really look that hard. There is a vendor across from Jay's that had a few big bore revolvers in stainless. I believe they were S&Ws because there did appear that there was a .500 (ported with long barrel).

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    By any chance did you check out the lever gun / revolver situation in there? Probably going to head out there tomorrow morning and have a look
    I saw three Marlin lever guns. One 30/30 looked new, with the cross bolt safety. The other 30/30 did not have the cross bolt safety, but it did have rust. There was rust under the front buckhorn ? sight and other places as well. Let's just say it was well used. I don't remember the price on either. The other Marlin was a big bore gun, not sure which caliber. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom