Patriot Mobile

Gun Show this weekend at the Pensacola Fairgrounds (January 15 & 16)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3blamo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I will be taking two guns to the show tomorrow.
    Love it when they snotty say,"how much you want for that". And I come back with " tell me your one time best offer". Then they watch me slide over to the next table.
    It befuddles them terribly. Problem for them is ... I am perfectly content to bring the gun back home. --- SAWMAN
    That’s just mean lol! I love it

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I bought some Genix small pistol primers from Georgia Arms to try out and see how they work in my light sprung cowboy guns. Picked up a lower parts kit to finish an AR build I am doing. Looked at a couple of Colt SAA's, one was way over priced, the other I gave some thought but the barrel was rougher than I wanted and I think I can find one in better condition for the asking price. Looked at a Winchester 63 which wasn't in bad shape if you could look past the two holes they drilled in the side of the receiver to mount a scope.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I went, same old retailers. Jay's said 3.5% discount if I paid cash. Almost all ammo I looked at was about 1 and a 1/2 times higher than local shops. The bad part was there were many people paying the price. I also was looking for some parts for a few projects, and I still think it is easier to order "parts" online, unless you "need" the part right away.

Last edited:

3blamo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I went, same old retailers. Jay's said 3.5% discount if I paid cash. Almost all ammo I looked at was about 1 and a 1/2 times higher than local shops. The bad part is was there were many people paying the price.
    I believe they were the booth with the SCAR17 yeah?

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I walked around with my Radom Poland redwood AK, my gold shield 1.0 and my SW CSX in hand. Drew many eyes. Answered questions about the CSX the whole time mostly. They had better ammo prices than before. Got some rare defensive ammo too

brodband

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    I went, same old retailers. Jay's said 3.5% discount if I paid cash. Almost all ammo I looked at was about 1 and a 1/2 times higher than local shops. The bad part was there were many people paying the price. I also was looking for some parts for a few projects, and I still think it is easier to order "parts" online, unless you "need" the part right away.
    lol that's Jays for you. There's a reason half the stuff in there store looks like its been sitting for decades.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Wheeled out there today to see if anybody had an optic I've been looking for - and they did. Snatched it and brought it home. Didn't see any guns that I just had to have.

Problem with the Pensacola show is that it's basically just two or three gun shops toting their inventory out there to sell at the exact same price (or more) as their store. Nearly all the private tables are knick knacks, holsters and blades now. Briefly visited the militaria table that's usually near the entrance, he had some neat stuff as usual but I didn't see anything I had to have. Milsurp pretty much non-existent. Georgia Arms was there but their ammo was high. Overall, meh.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It was pretty busy from my view
    I just hate setting myself up for disappointment... so I did go in...came close

Brockskennedy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Same as everyone else. $50 for a box of 30-06. I'll pass. I believe these are for the younger crowd that would rather just spend the money than spend time finding a reasonable deal

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    40 round AK mag for 75 bucks
    75 round Chinese AK drum for 275.
    Russian Bakelite Mags 125 if you bought 2, I was scared to ask how much for 1.
    Draco AK 1350
    Found a booth with a guy selling Pmags gen 2 cheaper then anyone else there. His sign said it. 10 bucks each. I bought 3 just so I didn't leave empty handed. Momma gave me money for Christmas. So she was happy to know I got 3 things I could really use!!!

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Draco AK 1350
    Found a booth with a guy selling Pmags gen 2 cheaper then anyone else there. His sign said it. 10 bucks each. I bought 3 just so I didn't leave empty handed. Momma gave me money for Christmas. So she was happy to know I got 3 things I could really use!!!
    Last time I went to the show looking for ak stuff all I could find was $20 Croatian mags

brodband

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Draco AK 1350
    dang I might just go with a backpack full of gen 2 new in bag pmags tomorrow and try to sell them.

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For those who went, anybody see any 357 lever guns (preferably Rossis or Marlins) that weren’t selling for “bend over and grab your ankles” prices?

• Haha
    Reactions: Ron

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    tji & Welldoya .......dream on guys. :) Jay's may have had some Model 60's, I know he did have some Smith revolvers, but not a hundred percent sure what model numbers they were. I did not see any of the others mentioned.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    lol that's Jays for you. There's a reason half the stuff in there store looks like its been sitting for decades.
    Sometimes that's a good thing. They don't raise their prices on milsurps or used holsters and slings, so in a few years that SKS or Mauser you passed on will be underpriced. I've found many good milsurp deals at Jay's tables that way. They do bundles too. Best deal ever with Jay was about 8 years ago, when I picked up the floor model unfired $2500 308 DPMS SASS for less than $1300... just because they'd had it sitting out so long they'd lost the box. I traded half my $100 Mosins and SKS's for it. Not many dealers out there willing to make a deal like that

Last edited:
    Top Bottom