• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $10 to get into fairgrounds shows,
    Usually don’t have much luck trading with dealers unless you want to get offered half of what you paid for your stuff. Would be better off trying to sell or trade here.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah I once had an issue with a part I bought at the Robertsdale show 2 years back. So the vendor told me to bring the gun itself back the next day and make sure I got the right one when I returned. What I did was to walk up to the folks doing the front door and explained what was going on, then went back got the gun and they put a zip tie thru it for me to know it was safe. Cool guys tho, didn't even charge me admission for having to come back again. They may want all guns that way now. Not sure. Haven't been back since. The guy at the door told me tho not long after I left the first day a vendor accidently shot a gun inside lol. So if they do, that's why. It was peak crazy then tho. First gunshow after the pandemic scare. Lines was huge, and prices were too lol
    And yeah like said above. Only reason I'd take anything there is to leave in the car as possible trade towards something you want better, or so you can make sure items you buy fit before buying. But yeah they not gonna offer much for anything unless it's some rare hard to find item. Even then you'd do better here.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I will be over there this morning with a few of my retro builds to see if I can sell a few. I hate walking in with them and leaving with them. Hopefully, there will be some old school guys walking around this morning wanting one or two.

Update: Sold all three (604 clone, 605 clone, and 1971 M16A1 clone). :)

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    There is a gun show today?
    Probably can't swing the price in my brain, but what would you like for the 10/22 setup?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I just left there. Pretty much like all the others they have there - lots of bags and cheap knives.
    The few guns I saw that I was interested in were sky high.
    Almost bought a Ruger MK2 Competition Target from Outpost but they didn’t have the box or rings. Oh well, I didn’t need it anyway.
    I was really keeping an eye out for a Ruger Alaskan, no such luck.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I got back earlier today. It appears that there were less vendors, and the ones that were there were getting/had larger "booths". I was looking at Ruger 22/45's. Everyone I saw was $100 to $200 overpriced. A few od the small items I was looking for, the prices keep going up. An AR gripe was $20 several shows ago, now the same grip is $30. For me it was a waste of time and $10. IMHO

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    There is a gun show today?
    Probably can't swing the price in my brain, but what would you like for the 10/22 setup?

It looks cool, but Im pretty sure Ill be told no to getting a puppy if I get another gun anytime soon. lol

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will be over there this morning with a few of my retro builds to see if I can sell a few. I hate walking in with them and leaving with them. Hopefully, there will be some old school guys walking around this morning wanting one or two.

Update: Sold all three (604 clone, 605 clone, and 1971 M16A1 clone). :)
    iu

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I just left there. Pretty much like all the others they have there - lots of bags and cheap knives.
    The few guns I saw that I was interested in were sky high.
    Almost bought a Ruger MK2 Competition Target from Outpost but they didn’t have the box or rings. Oh well, I didn’t need it anyway.
    I was really keeping an eye out for a Ruger Alaskan, no such luck.
    Ruger Alaskan? Pfffft. G20!! Half the $$, 2.5x the shots!! :) and lighter!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Ruger Alaskan? Pfffft. G20!! Half the $$, 2.5x the shots!! :) and lighter!

I’m torn between the 2. I figured I would buy whichever one I find first at a good price.I found several G20s but not at a good price plus I want to hold a G20 SF before I buy but I can’t find one.
    Gonna check Greyman next week.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I’m torn between the 2. I figured I would buy whichever one I find first at a good price.I found several G20s but not at a good price plus I want to hold a G20 SF before I buy but I can’t find one.
    Gonna check Greyman next week.
    Gen 4 should be sf. Or get the G29 ( built sf) and pop in a g20 mag. Lighter is better. What's the weight on that ruger?? ( I like Rugers btw)

Top Bottom