• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 460Rom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Our ACE Hardware in Crestview as a limited selection of Gun Screws available and even have a couple of Gun Screw Thread Gauges for ~$3.00
    ACE located on 85, north of 90.

Attachments

• GunScrews.jpg
      GunScrews.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 132
    • ScrwMeas.jpg
      ScrwMeas.jpg
      567.2 KB · Views: 128

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Penny Hardware was my favorite
    The story I heard was when the daughter took over the business she gutted the business. This included very valuable guns collections that had belonged to Mr. Penny.
    It was not that many years ago that Renolds used to sell ammunition. I now see airguns in some hardware stores and tractor supply.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My high school graduation present was a Belgium made Browning B-2000 30” 12 gauge that came off the wall at Penny Hardware.

My brother had a similar option four years later. He chose a 1988 stereo that’s long since gone. Momma reminds me not to talk about him. He’s my brother.

I’m to young to remember the days of going into hardware stores and then having wood barrels full of surplus rifles.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rode my bicycle through the middle of town with my 22 rifle on the handlebars, headed out to my friends house to hunt squirrel , rabbits and quail in his grandfather’s groves. No body even batted an eye at young boys with guns in the south back then.

Last edited:

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for that tip!

And the memories of Pennys Hardware and Reynolds Hardware.

I still have Dad’s Sweet Sixteen and Light 12 Browning A5’s he bought from Pennys. Loved that place!

Mr. Reynolds was the only fella that would sell me (as a kid) and my high school pals .22 ammoes back around 1969 because we were underage.
    The stupid 1968 gun laws that came into effect apparently didn’t register to that kindly old fella,,,,,,,,,,,,,who also hired the most gorgeous young lady’s as cashiers!!

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for that tip!

And the memories of Pennys Hardware and Reynolds Hardware.

I still have Dad’s Sweet Sixteen and Light 12 Browning A5’s he bought from Pennys. Loved that place!

Mr. Reynolds was the only fella that would sell me (as a kid) and my high school pals ..22’s back around 1969 because we were underage.
    The stupid 1968 gun laws that came into effect apparently didn’t register to that kindly old fella,,,,,,,,,,,,,who also hired the most gorgeous young lady’s as cashiers!!
    Some one I know said he used to hunt on the Barr property that is all built up now days and a cab driver said scenic highway was a good place hunt turkey and told how he got lost hunting in Jones swamp.

Top Bottom