• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Hey brother. Thats all I had when I bought my safe. I didnt want used and didnt want a crappy safe so I went to Tractor Supply and bought a Winchester brand 4 years ago. I think it was like 700 bucks delivered to my home. They have a company that you can call and get the exact price. They actually set it up for me. It has the electronic lock and is a 24 gun. Just a flat silver color, nothing fancy like the Liberty owned in Wv but not 3500 either. Check them out. They really are not a bad safe for the money

Dewayne white

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey brother. Thats all I had when I bought my safe. I didnt want used and didnt want a crappy safe so I went to Tractor Supply and bought a Winchester brand 4 years ago. I think it was like 700 bucks delivered to my home. They have a company that you can call and get the exact price. They actually set it up for me. It has the electronic lock and is a 24 gun. Just a flat silver color, nothing fancy like the Liberty owned in Wv but not 3500 either. Check them out. They really are not a bad safe for the money
    Thanks was looking at 26gun they had,but wanted opinions

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Tsc also has that big canon for less than a grand. 64 or 69. I was going to get one but picked up a 40 from gander when they went under. Couldn't pass it up.
    26 sounds small. My 40 is too small. 2 40s wouldn't be big enough lol

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If I remember correctly, my little Liberty was about that much from Gander. I’ve been very pleased with it.

Dewayne white

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tsc also has that big canon for less than a grand. 64 or 69. I was going to get one but picked up a 40 from gander when they went under. Couldn't pass it up.
    26 sounds small. My 40 is too small. 2 40s wouldn't be big enough lol
    Don't have that many guns just 16 +3 handguns

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I snagged a 64 gun Canon from Academy on sale a few weeks ago - Listed for $1199, bought it for $599. They have a company that will deliver for $299 to garage or first floor......its only 30 min and not waterproof - but its all I could afford at the moment and it's huge on the inside - over 22 cu. ft. It's still on their website, but you might have to find one at another store..... I had it shipped to PCOLA and delivery company picked it up and delivered it.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I almost bought the big one at TS - they "had" a company that would deliver and got their number - but when I called to get a price, they said they no longer deliver for TS. If you get one from TS - make sure you can get it delivered if thats what you need.

RayRay

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got the Winchester 26 gun safe from TS for less than $500. ( like someone else said you can't fit 26 guns in there) me and a buddy where able to move it with a dolly ourselves. I fit a combination of 10 rifles and shotguns in it. I'm satisfied with it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thirds on the Winchester from TSC, I've had mine for years now and no problems. Heck the door organizer is better than most. I think I payed around $500 as well.

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Don't have that many guns just 16 +3 handguns
    You might be able to squeeze those guns in a 40 gun safe without jamming them together with a whole lot of rubbin' goin' on. I usually look at the number of guns listed compared to the number of guns effectively stores as somewhere between 2 to 1 and 3 to 1...usually closer to 3 to 1. When tight, I use gun socks to avoid dinging the crap out of my firearms.

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What y'all using for dehumidifiers
    In NWF, I have given up on electric dehumidifiers and gone to the rechargeable pellets. I put them on to recharge when I am getting ready to go shooting and put them back in the safe when I am done with post-range cleaning. I suffered considerable rust damage after Hurricane Michael (moved to NWF 2 weeks before Michael) and more later from being stupid about the humidity here (I grew up on a small ranch in the high country (7000+ ft) in norther AZ, where you could leave your guns on the back porch and not worry about rust). I tried the electric dehumidifiers, but they seemed ineffective. I use three large plugin setups that do that pink-to-blue color thing. Seems to work well.

Top Bottom