Patriot Mobile

Gun range options Pace Pensacola or Milton?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you don’t mind to wait and you live Pensacola, Cantonment, or Molino area I would recommend Pensacola rifle and pistol club. Very laid back and most the time you have the entire range to yourself. Yes, there is a wait but it is well worth the wait. I’ve been a member of some of the other ranges and this one by far has been my favorite. It doesn’t have the long distances of the others just 300yds.

Only bad thing is they require an NRA membership.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only bad thing is they require an NRA membership.
    If a club runs NRA bullseye pistol and NRA highpowered rifle, it is mandatory. One also get all sorts of other benefits needed to keep a range in business.
    In fact I need to donate some money the to lobby arm of the NRA and also to some other gun groups. We in the gun community need to close ranks.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
    Benjamin Franklin's comment at the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yeah,that's right. Being in the NRA is a bad,bad,bad,thing.
    Some people make me laugh. --- SAWMAN

Sorry bub, but the NRA is a sham.

Don’t believe me- check their official documents. To this day they still state that they are for regulation of hand guns. Part of their founding, yet to change.

The NRA is the Qanon of the 1900s.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe it was capped at 250 members. Was a three year wait. No cost to wait. People must like it because the turnover is low. Near my house. Yesterday, 3 people total on 7 ranges and 140 +/- acres. Web site shows pics of facilities. Been a club for 75 years.
    View attachment 101057

Oh, you also get the secret handshake.:)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry bub, but the NRA is a sham.

Don’t believe me- check their official documents. To this day they still state that they are for regulation of hand guns. Part of their founding, yet to change.

The NRA is the Qanon of the 1900s.
    You have a very edited version of the NRA. I am disgusted with Wayne La Pierre, but there is a lot more to it. The NRA for many years was part of the establishment. And over the years they certainly did things that I do not like. They also did many things that I do like. Concealed carry in Florida, thank Marion P. Hammer (born April 26, 1939 for it. She was the first female president of the National Rifle Association (NRA) from 1995 to 1998. There is a lot more to the story.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Southern Tactical Gun Range in the Holt area is nice. Went there this past Friday and my friends and I pretty much had the 50 and 100 yard range all to ourselves. Sighted in my 3 hunting rifles over a couple hours and never once got harassed by anybody who works there.

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Currently a member at ERGC, it’s a great range . As long as you have grey matter between your ears lol . Southern tact. Is also a good range , just a little too far of a drive for me .

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am Also a member at ERGC. Highly recommend to anyone.
    Most people I’ve met have been friendly and welcoming.
    I try to go during the off hours and I can almost always find an entire range to myself.

Blued-Steel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not a bad idea to get on the waiting list at PRPC if you are interested, you are not obligated when your name comes up, 20-30 new members come in every year in July. If someone on the list decides not to join, that moves the list up that much more. I've been a member since 2006 and have enjoyed having the place to myself at times, other visits all of the ranges have someone on them, but never crowded.

Fireball

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only been to Santa Rosa, ERGC, and the indoor range in P-cola. Though my experience is limited, I recommend ERGC. They are closed most Mondays, but are open on Federal holidays which is nice if you normally have those off. I've only been here about a year, so I again, not a deep pool of experience. Still, I've enjoyed ERGC and the shooters and staff there.

I take my young sons (elementary age) and have never had any problem with anyone being cross, impatient, or rude about young shooters on the line. In fact, every time the boys are with me they are well recieved. Fellow shooters are happy to explain this firearm, piece of gear, or that shooting stance or whatever wheelbarrow full of questions they come up with.

In short, its not the longest, or fanciest, but the members are friendly and the staff (RSO) keep the place safe and are helpful if you need them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only been to Santa Rosa, ERGC, and the indoor range in P-cola. Though my experience is limited, I recommend ERGC. They are closed most Mondays, but are open on Federal holidays which is nice if you normally have those off. I've only been here about a year, so I again, not a deep pool of experience. Still, I've enjoyed ERGC and the shooters and staff there.

I take my young sons (elementary age) and have never had any problem with anyone being cross, impatient, or rude about young shooters on the line. In fact, every time the boys are with me they are well recieved. Fellow shooters are happy to explain this firearm, piece of gear, or that shooting stance or whatever wheelbarrow full of questions they come up with.

In short, its not the longest, or fanciest, but the members are friendly and the staff (RSO) keep the place safe and are helpful if you need them.
    PS the range will be getting longer once the new land is excavated.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Any word on when the longer range will be ready?
    These were posted on bookface a few weeks ago. Looks like it’s all cleared, but no timeline on when it will be ready. Hopefully sooner than later.

Attachments

• F0A68F21-4DA3-42E7-8079-6D2272270B32.jpeg
      F0A68F21-4DA3-42E7-8079-6D2272270B32.jpeg
      812.4 KB · Views: 118
    • 66B502BA-8D63-4BB2-B824-BA770CCC7C55.jpeg
      66B502BA-8D63-4BB2-B824-BA770CCC7C55.jpeg
      800.5 KB · Views: 113

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Element Training Complex in holt. 25yd pistol bays, 45yd pistol/rifle bays, 100, 300, 600, 1,065 ranges already up and running. non member day pass is 25 to access 25, 100 and 300yd ranges from 8am till 5pm tue-sun. steel targets, ammo and paper targets available. has good stock of reasonable ammo as well. check 'em out!

Mr.T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I
    Thanks for the information!
    In addition to G-Rat comments, there is a gun-smith and gun shop on site. But best gun ranges in order are my back yard, my in-law back yard, and Element/ALTUS. Yep, I'm bless. :)

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i went out to southern tactical in holt yesterday. i loved it. because of the rain i was the only one there. shot on the 100 and 300 ranges. it is a rough place still, they desperately need less rain and more grass, but i like it. i get left alone there.
    Southern tactical or element ?

Top Bottom