Target Sports

Gun range options Pace Pensacola or Milton?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pigfarm Range has now expanded the rifle range to 700 yards. If you go on Saturday. Then you can go back to shoot on Sunday for free. Two days for $10 military. Or $15 civilians. Is the best deal in this area.

ESPTyler

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i went out to southern tactical in holt yesterday. i loved it. because of the rain i was the only one there. shot on the 100 and 300 ranges. it is a rough place still, they desperately need less rain and more grass, but i like it. i get left alone there.
    They need a paved lot!! It is a mud hole when it rains. It is a nice place but I have issues with the mud

Mr.T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my opinion, Num1 is ALTUS Shooting Solutions, Num2 is Southern Tactical Gun Range, Num3 is Talon Gun Range (Tallahassee). I've shot matches all over the panhandle including South FL, ALTUS is the best IMHO. Even better than Frost Proof, FL. I am bias because I'm a member of ALTUS. As member, you have access to 835yd, 940yd, 500 yd, 800yd, Three 100yd sights in area, Multiple Towers, various windows in the connex, roof Top prop, stair case rails, bolder rock props, caterpillar size tires, swing plat form, pistol bays with TX Star, steel falling plates, sewer pipe for crawling, IPSC Steels hidden between props doors/windows/&vehicles, moving steel target at 250yd & 500yd, WiFi, distance makers, car, truck, buses, SUV, various wooden barricades, target stands, and plastic barrels. All available and ready for you. You can sit & shoot, run & gun, and so forth at these range. Safety is num one priority of course. The best thing about the range is the people. Staff & member are all super nice and friendly. Oh and by the way, the range expansion in in progress. There won't be conflicts btw members and SF/PoPo/Sheriff/Mil training in the future. If you want a tour hit me up.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Join a hunting club that allows shooting. Even if you don't junt, it can be cheaper than Atlas or Precision in Holt! May not have fancy benches, but those are easy to setup yourself. If you have a club with a power line on it and they allow shooting, shoot as long as your eyes can see. I love being able to shoot where I hunt!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    In my opinion, Num1 is ALTUS Shooting Solutions, Num2 is Southern Tactical Gun Range, Num3 is Talon Gun Range (Tallahassee). I've shot matches all over the panhandle including South FL, ALTUS is the best IMHO. Even better than Frost Proof, FL. I am bias because I'm a member of ALTUS. As member, you have access to 835yd, 940yd, 500 yd, 800yd, Three 100yd sights in area, Multiple Towers, various windows in the connex, roof Top prop, stair case rails, bolder rock props, caterpillar size tires, swing plat form, pistol bays with TX Star, steel falling plates, sewer pipe for crawling, IPSC Steels hidden between props doors/windows/&vehicles, moving steel target at 250yd & 500yd, WiFi, distance makers, car, truck, buses, SUV, various wooden barricades, target stands, and plastic barrels. All available and ready for you. You can sit & shoot, run & gun, and so forth at these range. Safety is num one priority of course. The best thing about the range is the people. Staff & member are all super nice and friendly. Oh and by the way, the range expansion in in progress. There won't be conflicts btw members and SF/PoPo/Sheriff/Mil training in the future. If you want a tour hit me up.
    I'll take a tour

misterfredi952

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    I enjoyed going to oak ridge in gulf breeze but now that the bridge is out I don't want to deal with the traffic or spend an extra drive and 10 bucks once the toll is back on the bridge.

That is a nice place. Have a great showroom with tons of gun stuff..
    My favorite pistol range is Pensacola indoor range. Warren and the crew there are awesome and take great care of all my needs. I’m a member and for premium membership I can bring a guest and it’s only ten bucks. They have range ammo in stock most every time I go! Don’t sell to outside folks which I like so it’s available.
    I think they got a bad wrap early on but if in the area I’d give them a shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    That is a nice place. Have a great showroom with tons of gun stuff..
    My favorite pistol range is Pensacola indoor range. Warren and the crew there are awesome and take great care of all my needs. I’m a member and for premium membership I can bring a guest and it’s only ten bucks. They have range ammo in stock most every time I go! Don’t sell to outside folks which I like so it’s available.
    I think they got a bad wrap early on but if in the area I’d give them a shot

A friend went there and they charged him for bringing his own ammo. I looked at their site and it's clear as day. Their price is by the hour. Oak ridge is all day.
    I've only been in the parking lot to make a private firearm sale. Don't know if I would go. Change my mind.

Mr.T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take a tour
    Raven, when are you available and tour during the week or weekend? Please let me know.

I am shooting a USPSA match at Dothan on Saturday, 10 Oct 2020. There is a storm heading toward the Gulf Coast. They haven cancel the match yet.

misterfredi952

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    A friend went there and they charged him for bringing his own ammo. I looked at their site and it's clear as day. Their price is by the hour. Oak ridge is all day.
    I've only been in the parking lot to make a private firearm sale. Don't know if I would go. Change my mind.

Go up there with me today and check it out and we can shoot some of my 10mm and 9mm toys. Form your own opinion

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Go up there with me today and check it out and we can shoot some of my 10mm and 9mm toys. Form your own opinion

Wish I could. Work 7am to 6pm most days. It's hard for me to do anything during the week unless a job gets rescheduled

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The pensacola indoor is a friggin joke. Outdoor ammo fee , cant pickup your own brass. Have to use brass case if not their ammo . Their range ammo precovid was double normal cost .

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you don’t mind to wait and you live Pensacola, Cantonment, or Molino area I would recommend Pensacola rifle and pistol club. Very laid back and most the time you have the entire range to yourself. Yes, there is a wait but it is well worth the wait. I’ve been a member of some of the other ranges and this one by far has been my favorite. It doesn’t have the long distances of the others just 300yds.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ERGC seems to be in goof financial shape. They just paid me off for a small mortgage that I had on the new land that they purchased. They were selling 20 shares/mortgages of $5K at 5% interest so over the two years I made $500 in interest. If asked I would have have loaned them the money interest free.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    If you don’t mind to wait and you live Pensacola, Cantonment, or Molino area I would recommend Pensacola rifle and pistol club. Very laid back and most the time you have the entire range to yourself. Yes, there is a wait but it is well worth the wait. I’ve been a member of some of the other ranges and this one by far has been my favorite. It doesn’t have the long distances of the others just 300yds.
    I believe my father in law is a member there and it's capped at 2 or 300 members and a year or two waiting list? From what I'm told you have to wait for people to die or move to get in.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe my father in law is a member there and it's capped at 2 or 300 members and a year or two waiting list? From what I'm told you have to wait for people to die or move to get in.
    I believe it was capped at 250 members. Was a three year wait. No cost to wait. People must like it because the turnover is low. Near my house. Yesterday, 3 people total on 7 ranges and 140 +/- acres. Web site shows pics of facilities. Been a club for 75 years.
    IMG_0359.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom