• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was disappointed at the last gun show here in Ocala, mostly cash only private dealers and there where no deals that I could see, same prices as my local gun shops. Seems to be the common theme, anything good is being sold on gunbroker.com and not being brought to the local shows, $10 to get in and the cost of gas these days, beginning to wonder if it's worth going anymore.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    If I need terribly overpriced beef jerky, locally sourced honey or the finest chinesium knives, I'll go. I'm usually good on the first 2 and knife steel is Japanese or USA sourced.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Same consensus here like many others. Find better deals online out off of Forum classifieds 95% of the time. Missed the days off going to a good gun show and you could literally spend most of the day there figuring out what you wanted to get because of the good deals on firearms, milsurp parts, ammo, accessories etc or you spent all your money and made yourself leave so you wouldn’t go over board impulsive buying

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    If I need terribly overpriced beef jerky, locally sourced honey or the finest chinesium knives, I'll go. I'm usually good on the first 2 and knife steel is Japanese or USA sourced.
    What’s wrong with locally sourced honey?? Lol
    Local bees eating local pollen produce local antihistamines :)

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same consensus here like many others. Find better deals online out off of Forum classifieds 95% of the time. Missed the days off going to a good gun show and you could literally spend most of the day there figuring out what you wanted to get because of the good deals on firearms, milsurp parts, ammo, accessories etc or you spent all your money and made yourself leave so you wouldn’t go over board impulsive buying
    We used to love going to the Bill Goodman gun shows in Michigan back before eBay and gunbroker existed. We would spend the entire day there looking at stuff.

We used to make sure we where free the weekend of the big show and looked forward to going, used to get great deals and they actually had stuff you where looking for, now they tell you to look online if they don’t have it and charge you $10 to get in, sad.

Same thing happened to the camera shows, used to get 5-8k of people through the doors each day on the weekend the show was, then eBay and the internet came along and now there is no shows anymore, sad.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    What’s wrong with locally sourced honey?? Lol
    Local bees eating local pollen produce local antihistamines :)
    Nothing, Im just not going to pay an entrance fee for the privilege of being able to buy it. :)

Im trying to get my spouse to let me get some bees. I need like 500 acres for all the stuff I want to do. lol

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing, Im just not going to pay an entrance fee for the privilege of being able to buy it. :)

Im trying to get my spouse to let me get some bees. I need like 500 acres for all the stuff I want to do. lol
    I always buy locally produced honey and there are some great bee keepers here in my area and the result is excellent honey from the hardest working insect in nature, the honey bee.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I always buy locally produced honey and there are some great bee keepers here in my area and the result is excellent honey from the hardest working insect in nature, the honey bee.
    My point was that you can buy local honey without having to pay an entrance fee.

My dad has a hive up in Wisconsin, and after seeing how much he loves it, I'm really wanting to try.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I go for fun. I enjoy looking through the mag piles searching for diamonds. Some of my weapons are discontinued so finding parts/ Mags is challenging. Sometimes spot a cool AR part as well. 3 position buffer tube, etc. Occasionally i bump into other members and enjoy visiting. I'll take some trade items or a weapon to possibly sell or trade. If it doesn't get sold or traded no big deal take it home or sell it here.
    So not really a waste of time.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My point was that you can buy local honey without having to pay an entrance fee.

My dad has a hive up in Wisconsin, and after seeing how much he loves it, I'm really wanting to try.
    I understood, I am just a big natural honey person. We used to buy it when we were on the road and as you know, depending on what the bees are pollinating in the area of the hives, it all taste different. That’s what’s makes honey unique. Yum

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I go for fun. I enjoy looking through the mag piles searching for diamonds. Some of my weapons are discontinued so finding parts/ Mags is challenging. Sometimes spot a cool AR part as well. 3 position buffer tube, etc. Occasionally i bump into other members and enjoy visiting. I'll take some trade items or a weapon to possibly sell or trade. If it doesn't get sold or traded no big deal take it home or sell it here.
    So not really a waste of time.
    And we get some practical application carrying around a rifle in public without looking weird

Blount12

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only reason to even go to a gun show is to sell your personal items. Long lost the good deals from vendors.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talked to my dad who lives in central Pa last week just after he had left a show, I’m guessing prices depend on the local economy as the prices he talked were pretty fantastic atleast for ammo. I mean we’re talking about a place that in 2021 high school friends were traveling hours to trade 5-10 specific hunting rounds with each other. One would think they could still get top dollar.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the FWB show an found some lr-44 batteries cheaper than I could find them on line. And had zero luck finding them in town. Georgia arms also had 150 .308 FMJ’s cheaper than I can find locally or on line after shipping. Picked up primers which are another hard find, A little pricey but it’s better to have them then nothing.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Talked to my dad who lives in central Pa last week just after he had left a show, I’m guessing prices depend on the local economy as the prices he talked were pretty fantastic atleast for ammo. I mean we’re talking about a place that in 2021 high school friends were traveling hours to trade 5-10 specific hunting rounds with each other. One would think they could still get top dollar.
    During the ammo shortage scare, last election cycle, there was all manner of ammo available in South Florida, in the land of Democrats, overflowing shelves full of ammo where nobody was freaking out about ammo. The ammo shortage was a manufactured crisis, perpetuated by all of us by thinking that ammo might never going to be the same ever again

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I don’t know , a friend of mine in West Palm said ammo was (is) hard to come by down there.

Top Bottom