• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I live in Bal Alex by Tiger Point. I have been doing "Old Man Gardening" for several years and have battled all the bugs, diseases, PH soil chemistry mysteries, BUT!
    This year they aren't any bees! Last summer I put out a saucer full of honey in my garden to see who / what would show up!? Well, in a couple of hours, it looked like I was running a Bee training school.....tons of bees.

This year I tried it several times and not one bee showed up! Is the "spraying program" from Santa Rosa County killing the bees? I'm afraid so!

Comments welcomed as my veggies are dying without fruiting!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got no garden but do have bees around the yard, see some every time I'm outside. I live about 3 miles east of Bal Alex, also on the bay side.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You have to introduce them to the area yourself.
    My wife has a large multitude of flowers but I still haven't located any bees. How do you introduce bees into / onto your property? I'm interested!

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I purchased my hive body, parts and a beginners kit from Amazon. I then purchased the bees as a “Nuc” from a local beekeeper. I Am a beginner and anxious to learn more.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm surprised you didn't attract any bars after putting out honey!
    They usually go for the garbage can! They seem to have a liking for 2nd hand pizza! No particular brand though!

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No the county spraying does not have an effect on our bees. That is the reason that they only spray at night after the bees have gone back to the hive. That being said, all these companies that do mosquito control well they spray during the day. Or the mister setups that spray throughout the day. Those are killing the bees.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm off Berryhill Rd and I had plenty of bumble and honey bees on my citrus and blueberry bushes this year.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There has been a "bee decline" for years now that scientists (to my knowledge) have not been able fully to explain. It is concerning because it affects pollination of multitudes of crops. I see them more at times than others. I think a lot depends on what is blooming in your area and when. But, I think overall there seems to be a decline in natural numbers.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom