• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got to see the 0900 neckbeards at Academy this morning. Impressive bunch.
    Sadly, they’re probably on our side and I don’t think they could’ve carried their three bricks of 22 more than 50 yards.
    May God help us all.

Interesting, were you there to get your daily allotment of ammunition, or was it just to gather intel for future operations ? ;)

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Interesting, were you there to get your daily allotment of ammunition, or was it just to gather intel for future operations ? ;)

No allotment for me, even if I wanted it. It is extremely rare that I’m out and about that early, my work schedule doesn’t allow it.

I actually went and bought a cooler. I thought they opened at 0700 and just happened to be there just before 0900. Apparently that’s when the gouging, smelly, fat neckbeards show up to congregate outside the doors.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Our system of swooping up all the "good deals" around town is well established. We buy,then sell ("gouge") take the profits and use the money to buy thermal,gold bracelets,and Bad Boy Buggies. Also some of the smartest of the smart buy land in Maine,develope it,and sell for a huge profit.
    When we have accumulated enough money,we retire early (some at age 40) and have all the time in the world to stand in line,and post stuff for sale on local forums at a high enough price (gouge) to make even more money. Some consider it a real plus if their for sale items do not sell in a timely manner because they know it makes the youngins (doodes) on some forums go wacko.
    As an added bonus,some of the old guys actually have sooooo many guns and sooooo mush ammo that they are actually selling instead of buying.
    But not me. ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That land thing works rather well in south Florida as well. it has made a few farmers multiple millionaires. :cool:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In fact us guys that get all the good deals at Academy and others have our own wine label.
    Grapes are grown in Munson and the wine is bottled in Chamuckla.
    Only a select few can partake of this fine vintage. No punks,doode's,bro's,little boys,or youngin's allowed.
    Only rich,smart,old farts
    20200924_140519.jpg
    . And no one that is finding themselves in need of ammo because they used it all training is allowed either. We consider these individuals "silly men". ---- SAWMAN
    20200924_140623.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Depending on the usage for that "V",you really need to tool up to reload it.
    You have accumulated some prime chamberings for reloading. With the tailoring of best bullets for hunting,best vels for hunting,target,accuracy,plinking,save the shoulder while having fun thing,you are a prime example of a candidate to start reloading.
    Especially with all the reloading knowledge hanging about . . . and people that could donate some bullets,powder,etc,so you will not have to do the "buy to try" thing.
    But nowadys the manufacturer's are coming up with about anything that a shooter/hunter could need to accomplish the task at hand, soooooo . . . ----- SAWMAN

Leebo180

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You wont get no flames from me Eddie. Your above post was right on.
    Of course the whiners,crybabies and jealous little boyz here will most likely have a problem with it.
    However they just might not post here because . . after all . . they have already made a fool of themselves in the past by some of their ranting posts.
    We'll see . . . . . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN
    I havnt been active for a while with a baby, and all but I’m sure I’ll jump into the Bidenbeto Buzzsaw so the snowflakes have someone new to tell at.. so feel free.

CHANGE MY MIND- I believe that some people have become accustomed to being able to bully or complain their way into whatever they were seeking at the time. There is a growing problem of placation causing people to blur the line between want vs need. To engage in price gouging you have to knowingly take action exploiting people by grossly over inflating prices on products/goods/services that are necessities, without an alternative choice it’s forced... hence “gouge”.

Growing up here I’ve seen gouging, for example a shop owner was Charged as well as fined $5000 in Mississippi last week for price gouging. He was selling 24 packs of bottled water for $50, and cigarettes for $15 a pack. This is simple economics. Causality is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. “Market” is the meeting point between where the want/need of a commodity Is no longer outweighed by the potential benefit to the vast majority....

7.8 million new consumers into a stable market for the most part.. only know the market they have seen, the new normal. The more they see the dissension and way people are treating each other the more ammo they are going to buy. They aren’t going to care if 9mm is .34, .54, or 5.04, because they don’t know any different.. So hopefully those throwing around conjecture and personal opinions about what the “fair price” Is for something they don’t have the higher the price will go. There are no more warehouses stocked with millions of rounds.. ammo is being PRE PURCHASED up to 6 months out today at 3x and 5x multiples from a year ago... so until the 7,800,000 terrified new comers to our beloved hobby, which is already inherently very expensive, have enough ammo that they feel safe and the people who refuse to pay fair market value for something keep prepaying. They will keep driving the market demand.

Supply will catch up when people don’t buy anymore.... I see two options for the anti-capitalist. Shut up and stop back ordering everything the second they see a coming soon button and wait till 8 million people catch up to the rest of us... 2. Capitalize on the situation and sell their glorified paperweights they payed exponentially less for last year for a nice profit... win/win happier lives without a reason to complain about ammo they dont need anymore... Concurrently allowing the newcomers to buy their way to their happy place.

People with the means will ALWAYS pay for convenience, so they will keep your ammo 6 weeks our perpetually.....Everyone is an expert when speaking in an arena with no real consequences for being ignorant or throwing a tantrum like my 18 month old... Next time you go to walmart ask for the manager of the electronics department and rant about how they are gouging call of duty at $70 and demand some social justice there. I threw an ad up for some ammo prices are 15%-20% lower than what you can order and have shipped today at the same quantity. Pay .71c a round per thousand, or you can pay .80c for less quantity before tax and shipping drives it to 76c for lc 62gr if you want. I’ll sell you as many as you want for .66c tax free and guarantee delivery without asking for prepayment or making you pay for insurance them them wherever you want. man what a sweet deal.. big market discount and you don’t have to wait 3 weeks for them... Does that mean that everyone asking fair market value for them is price gouging you now? Or did the market shift due to a lowerpriced alternative choice is now present?

I will jump off the soapbox now...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I like the way you think sir.
    I agree with your above post #169. Thrown into this equasion are the wealthy people that have bought up multiple cases of ammo. One of my old,millionaire clients from back in my guiding days told me that him and a friend,also extremely wealthy,split a pallet of cases of ammo,about 3 months ago.
    Quite an investment IMO. However things like this helps to drive the prices. That is capitalism at its "finest".
    People like this do not have any plans to resell the products they bought. They do not care about making money. They shoot <----> therefore,they buy. ---- SAWMAN

Leebo180

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was only making a point of an investment aspect, some bought gold, silver, land, beanie babies, pez dispensers.. I chose to put 15% into physical liquid assets that could be sold at a later date for gains... it was also self insurance against losses in the fact my assets allow me the ability to protect my family rather than be shiny.. perceived value. Something is only valuable because someone else wants it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

standles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My definition: A man who spends 20% or more of their income on beauty products for their beard, thinks the beard make the a mans man, often accompanied by "pretty" tattoos and couldn't stand up straight in a 10mph wind.

I just want to know what a neckbeard is....

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dan.....you could have gone all day without posting those pictures. Oh, my eyes. lol

Go to Academy at 0900, you’ll see them in person toting bricks of 22lr.
    You may even see their toes on here when they go to post their bounty 30 minutes later. They’ll also be on here boasting about the incredible profit of 20c per round they’re making. Although I suppose it’s something to be proud of since that’s the most productive thing they’re doing with their existence.
    Where you won’t see them is at the range actually putting their hoardings right good use.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Depending on the usage for that "V",you really need to tool up to reload it.
    You have accumulated some prime chamberings for reloading. With the tailoring of best bullets for hunting,best vels for hunting,target,accuracy,plinking,save the shoulder while having fun thing,you are a prime example of a candidate to start reloading.
    Especially with all the reloading knowledge hanging about . . . and people that could donate some bullets,powder,etc,so you will not have to do the "buy to try" thing.
    But nowadys the manufacturer's are coming up with about anything that a shooter/hunter could need to accomplish the task at hand, soooooo . . . ----- SAWMAN
    t

Even with my cheap scope and bad shooting skills its pretty damm accurate And zippy. Picked up some hornady 450b subs yesterday. 396g thumpers. Should be fun out of a pistol!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    damn, I guess I am a neckbeard....bearded since I was 20 yrs old except for brief periods of goatee growing

but I don't wear flipflops...or post pictures of my ammo stash

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Even with my cheap scope and bad shooting skills its pretty damm accurate And zippy. Picked up some hornady 450b subs yesterday. 396g thumpers. Should be fun out of a pistol!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom