• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious if anyone has some decaying logs/stumps/branches/whatever laying around from a down tree that they want to get gone. The deader the better but fresher stuff will work too. Holler at me and I'll come get it. I'm in Pace. Thank you.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have pine logs on the ground and will have more. No charge if you want them. I eventually may use some for hugelkultur gardens, but for sure not all of the wood. Lots of oak branches also. The most available ones are fresh. I am in Pace, FL about a mile and half or so from Pace HS.

What I want to make some day.
    come to think of it I do some other wood that would harder to get all that more readily rots.

1593493262296.png

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's funny because that is exactly why I want the wood. Well sort of. I dont have the space for a traditional hugelkultur so I'm gonna try a few pint size ones in raised beds. I have read somewhere that using Pine is a bad idea though for some reason. I could be mistaken? This will be my first attempt at a real garden so I'm kinda just goin with the flow

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's funny because that is exactly why I want the wood. Well sort of. I dont have the space for a traditional hugelkultur so I'm gonna try a few pint size ones in raised beds. I have read somewhere that using Pine is a bad idea though for some reason. I could be mistaken? This will be my first attempt at a real garden so I'm kinda just goin with the flow
    The most common local pine rots slowly. Pines contain various aromatic materials. I want to put a compost of some sort over the logs and I think it will work. I do have a lot of branches from oak and other broad leafs on the ground. To get them into a truck will require a chain saw and a lot of hot sweaty work. Better done in the fall with more moderate temperatures. I planning with a tractor to push them into piles to get them out of the way. One does have to take care for the occasional water moccasin and a yellow jacket colony or two. You might talk to someone that takes down trees such as oaks. They normally have to haul such things to the dump.
    Live oak can also take a long time to rot. The other oaks seem to rot a lot faster. Gum trees rot also and I have a large one that i am planning to eventually drop.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have pine logs on the ground and will have more. No charge if you want them. I eventually may use some for hugelkultur gardens, but for sure not all of the wood. Lots of oak branches also. The most available ones are fresh. I am in Pace, FL about a mile and half or so from Pace HS.

What I want to make some day.
    come to think of it I do some other wood that would harder to get all that more readily rots.

View attachment 86885

where do the bodies go?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    8E8BDB6C-A172-4312-80B7-66B6184FF50D.jpeg
    75F9FC7E-50D1-47DF-9A7F-1334E73B32F5.jpeg

All you want...5 miles north of Whiting Field off of Hwy 87. Probably best to come east on 182, as 87 is being repaved.

Bruce

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The most common local pine rots slowly. Pines contain various aromatic materials. I want to put a compost of some sort over the logs and I think it will work. I do have a lot of branches from oak and other broad leafs on the ground. To get them into a truck will require a chain saw and a lot of hot sweaty work. Better done in the fall with more moderate temperatures. I planning with a tractor to push them into piles to get them out of the way. One does have to take care for the occasional water moccasin and a yellow jacket colony or two. You might talk to someone that takes down trees such as oaks. They normally have to haul such things to the dump.
    Live oak can also take a long time to rot. The other oaks seem to rot a lot faster. Gum trees rot also and I have a large one that i am planning to eventually drop.
    What you planning for the compost? Grass? Kitchen scraps? I just started my first pile this week as well. There is so much to learn it is kinda overwhelming

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What you planning for the compost? Grass? Kitchen scraps? I just started my first pile this week as well. There is so much to learn it is kinda overwhelming
    I am not sure yet. It must have a lot of available nitrogen and phosphate in it to help break down the logs.

Top Bottom