• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wife must have a BF... she didn't hesitate this evening when I asked if it would be ok to ride out to the ranch and look for hogs.

Saw two groups out in the pasture. I had to low crawl about 75 yards weaving in and around blackberry briars and it appears that's why the hogs were out there in the first place. The briars are 6"-10" tall which made for decent stalking. Took a good while but I got close enough to get a shot on the first group. Dropped one, another I got a hit but it made it into the woods/swamp.

Saw another group about 200 yards away and they didn't seem to care what was going on. Wind was blowing pretty good from them to me so it's possible they did not hear the suppressed shots. The road waves back their way so I drove around them and made a short stalk using a clump of trees as cover. Shot one and the rest scattered. I fired and don't know how/why but I saw the bullet hit the dirt behind the hog so a clean miss. I was too close to the Turnpike to risk running shots so just one out of this group.

Top Bottom