• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCJPNS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the range this week to break in my new Ruger Predator in .223 and to sight in my new Leupold scope. There was only one other person at the range I was using. He was extremely friendly and used his spotting scope to help me through the process. This saved me hours of having to run out to check my target then come back to adjust the scope. It also saved me a lot of ammo getting done so quickly as he called the shots for me. It was a great experience and reminds me what a great bunch of people most shooters are and willing to help if you just ask. I hope you all have a great day too. BTW the Ruger is awsome and uses the standard AR magpul magazines. I am not a frequent shooter, but was able to hold MOA less than one inch.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May be off subject but still pertains to the equipment.
    Do you shoot 556 out of your rifle?

RCJPNS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, I am a nut about following what is stamped on the barrel. Mine says ".223 Rem", so that will be all I shoot. Ruger states for the Mini-30 not to use steel ammo, so I don't use that in either rifle. The Internet is full of opinions about this subject (Pro and Con), but I am too old to take any chances and do not want any warranty issues. I do use commercially reloaded brass ammo (specified to U.S. industry standards) while the Ruger manual says not to use reloads. Hope this helps.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Been going to ERGC for years, years and years before it was known as ERGC. Good people there. RebelRider1969 said he did know somebody that had had problems with NATO ammo in a "308 only" barrel. While we can afford to be picky, better safe than sorry. But when the bombs start falling, the heck I'll be worried about any stinking warranty piece of paper. The manufacturers will be lucky if I ain't stuffing cases with hand carved projectiles

RCJPNS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been going to ERGC for years, years and years before it was known as ERGC. Good people there. RebelRider1969 said he did know somebody that had had problems with NATO ammo in a "308 only" barrel. While we can afford to be picky, better safe than sorry. But when the bombs start falling, the heck I'll be worried about any stinking warranty piece of paper. The manufacturers will be lucky if I ain't stuffing cases with hand carved projectiles

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sounds like a great day. If I may suggest, a quality spotting scope would be a worthwhile purchase. I've used my Bushnell Space Master II for over thirty years now. A good one will last you a lifetime.

Top Bottom