• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toma

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yeah, I thought the same thing, but any reduction on 22 mag is a good thing. I've seen unobtainable 22 mag sub ammo in the past. It defeats the point of 22 mag though. The can would make shooting the pmr30 more pleasant. I have a linear comp on it now but it's still loud. (Spacegun!) View attachment 168991
    What brand is that barrel and where did you get it?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Figured as much as I use em a 22 can would be the best choice. Cp33 with brace, pmr30, cmr30, 15-22 pistol. Sadly my space guns are not threaded :-( sux.
    Don't suppress the PMR 30 supposedly it will damage the gun. I have a CMR 30 that I put the 9mm cans on and it works great. Still breaking the sound barrier.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I’m going to pull the trigger in 2024. Who did you go with?
    Nobody. Other stuff keeps getting in the way. This was the year of house building. Suggestion buy one from a place that has a range, they should let you have "supervised" visitation, pew, pew.

*** if i were to get one it would ba a .22 can. I just like .22 alot.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nobody. Other stuff keeps getting in the way. This was the year of house building. Suggestion buy one from a place that has a range, they should let you have "supervised" visitation, pew, pew.

*** if i were to get one it would ba a .22 can. I just like .22 alot.
    Ok, good to know. I have been in the same position of other life stuff getting in the way. I know the 22 can I want to get, but I don’t want to go use “trust shop A” and have to buy from them, if that makes sense.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't efiled a form 4, so I don't know how those are working these days. I've form 1'd 5 stamps and 4 of them are aliexpress solvent traps (most expensive $50) consider drilling the holes yourself for a cost savings

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I would like to talk to you about this, can I message you or you message me?

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am seriously considering just buying as an individual instead of going the trust route. Weighing the pros and cons. Don’t foresee ever letting the can I buy be used by anyone else when I’m not around. The rule change has made me think.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I am seriously considering just buying as an individual instead of going the trust route. Weighing the pros and cons. Don’t foresee ever letting the can I buy be used by anyone else when I’m not around. The rule change has made me think.
    do the trust. if anything happens to you without a trust, ATF gets it... trust, anyone listed as responsible party can take possession and either re-stamp, transfer it or outright sell it. it can be done without a trust but much easier with.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    do the trust. if anything happens to you without a trust, ATF gets it... trust, anyone listed as responsible party can take possession and either re-stamp, transfer it or outright sell it. it can be done without a trust but much easier with.
    I agree that a Trust is better, but it isn't true that as an Individual it goes to the ATF.

Upon death of the individual with an NFA item, it goes to your beneficiary, tax free, via a Form 5.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If I could do it again, Id get a trust that I could hold multiple under. I did the single shot trust for my first and then just individual for the rest. One big trust would make it easier. :)

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And I'm a believer in the Trust, much easier to add / delete people as needed and upon death of you, the Trust continues on.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Folks I've heard from say the individual was a 3-4 month wait compared to up to and over a year for the trust. Something to consider.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm so cheap I can squeeze a dollar till the eagle grins. I have ten AR's and I got away with one can I can use on all of them. I settled on a YHM Phantom LT designed for 300BLK, chucked it on a lathe and drilled it out a tad, so now I can use it on my 5.7x28, 9mm, 300BLK, and 5.56 AR's I just had to buy 10 QD adapters. Of course I had to also get a .22 can because the big can would just be ridiculous on a .22, not so much the AR but I have a lot of .22 pistols and it really would be ridiculous on them. So for two tax stamps I can suppress 15 or so guns. I know, I know a specific caliber can would probably be better but the Phantom works good enough for me. You can't really suppress 5.56 anyway so I don't care about those, it just cuts down on the muzzle blast but your always going to have that supersonic crack, so if I ever need real quiet I never use 5.56. None of them are Hollywood quiet though, for that I use an integrally suppressed Ruger 10/22 I built on a Form 1 :) .
    Ruger.jpg

Q2arrowhunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If one were to go the trust route .... what's the consensus on the best vendor? There are so many to choose from.
    I was in Fort Walton Beach at the time and bought my suppressors through Ranger Mercantile. I bought 2. I went cheap and while I don’t regret, but I wish I had gone with a stainless 22lr can vs the Aluminum Huntertown Arms. Plan was to eventually upgrade to stainless baffles. Now they are defunked. The can is quiet and I am happy (got it for $119).

My 30 cal can is all stainless and heavy. workes great on my 300 blk pistol. If course it is a Masterpiece Arms Defender and no longer made. knowing now What I know Id find a can that I could use with a 350 legend also. 30 cal too small for that so limited to my 300 blk, 6.5 cm and 308. BUT I am glad I bought one if each and enjoy using both. Just clean that 22.

I got my trust for like $25 off the internet. Also was before they changed rule on fingerprints. Send paperwork off mid January and got back Mid May of 2015.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If one were to go the trust route .... what's the consensus on the best vendor? There are so many to choose from.
    There's many to go with. If you buy from Silencershop I hear that they have a easy one to work with and you can basically create a new trust with every can you buy. To be technical you really don't need a trust made specifically for NFA stuff. I went trust route back in the day when CLEO signoff was still a thing. At the time, I was in college taking a class on wills trusts and estates and simply wrote my own. Of course its nothing fancy. Trusts are really not that complicated in essence and ones solely composing a small narrow band of assets such as in this case firearms makes it even more simple.

Admittedly I currently only use individual route post 41F rule since there's no longer an advantage to going trust in my circumstances. I don't have anyone in my life I trust enough to lend an NFA asset, plus estate procedures via a form 5 isn't that difficult. Also, the form 4s usually go faster using trust route.

I was in Fort Walton Beach at the time and bought my suppressors through Ranger Mercantile. I bought 2. I went cheap and while I don’t regret, but I wish I had gone with a stainless 22lr can vs the Aluminum Huntertown Arms. Plan was to eventually upgrade to stainless baffles. Now they are defunked. The can is quiet and I am happy (got it for $119).

My 30 cal can is all stainless and heavy. workes great on my 300 blk pistol. If course it is a Masterpiece Arms Defender and no longer made. knowing now What I know Id find a can that I could use with a 350 legend also. 30 cal too small for that so limited to my 300 blk, 6.5 cm and 308. BUT I am glad I bought one if each and enjoy using both. Just clean that 22.

I got my trust for like $25 off the internet. Also was before they changed rule on fingerprints. Send paperwork off mid January and got back Mid May of 2015.
    I have a Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 in aluminum too. I have the same regret that I should have went stainless or at least got the upgrade before they went out of business. I learned from that to be selective about manufacturers to pick ones that will hopefully stay in business.

Top Bottom