• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    As soon as I figure out what caliber.
    I like the idea of the Rugged Oculus. Can be configured short or long. 22 lr.
    I think I'd get the most use out of a .22 can. 22lr and 22mag.
    I've been reading and it appears that a dedicated can is better than buying say a 308 cal can and shooting 22 ,223 or 9mm through it.
    I know that suppression is much more effective using rounds that stay below 1, 200 fps as well.
    Is there a viable option for using a can on multiple calibers?? Thanks. J

Chan4201

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't efiled a form 4, so I don't know how those are working these days. I've form 1'd 5 stamps and 4 of them are aliexpress solvent traps (most expensive $50) consider drilling the holes yourself for a cost savings

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

kirbwrx

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If you are looking for a dedicated rimfire can look at the AB Littlebird. Emerald Coast Indoor range had some (thats where I bought mine) and I think they have a rental one you can try out. Its stupid quiet on my Ruger Charger and TX22.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The hybrid can is a decent do all can buy it's heavy on smaller calibers.

I went with an oculus for 22. Still waiting.
    Really need 3 cans to cover everything.
    Figured as much as I use em a 22 can would be the best choice. Cp33 with brace, pmr30, cmr30, 15-22 pistol. Sadly my space guns are not threaded :-( sux.

Last edited:

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm gonna get the Sparrow, it's going to do double duty on my M&P 15-22 and the Ruger SR22. I got to catch up with Little-Jack whenever he's available to do the paper work. I was looking at the SwitchBack, but I figured I would just keep it at the optimized size anyway.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hybrid 46 isn’t serviceable for the caked up lead you’ll get from the 22LR fun times.

Oculus in the next 4 days and supposedly you get $100 of coupon codes for accessories from Rugged. That’ll get you a couple shot glasses to match your suppressor...

Or, form-1 your own. Here’s Made-in-the-USA freedom-loving owner source of solvent trap kits:

EDIT to add: the Oculus is stainless steel. 100%. That gives you Tons of options to clean it. Any rimfire suppressor with aluminum will limit some of your options. Something to consider with the DIY kits...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Cans are kind of a 3 stamp game as I’m sure your aware. (Rimfire / Pistol - 9 or 45 / Rifle) If you pickup a user serviceable pistol can first you’re able to run it on your rimfire stuff while you wait on your rimfire can. It may not be ideal on something like a 22 pistol, but it’s still highly effective. I ran a 9mm can on 3 9mm pistols, mp5, 2 22lr pistols and the 15-22 for about 2 years before I had a dedicated rimfire can. Just my 2¢.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hybrid 46 isn’t serviceable for the caked up lead you’ll get from the 22LR fun times.

Oculus in the next 4 days and supposedly you get $100 of coupon codes for accessories from Rugged. That’ll get you a couple shot glasses to match your suppressor...

Or, form-1 your own. Here’s Made-in-the-USA freedom-loving owner source of solvent trap kits:

EDIT to add: the Oculus is stainless steel. 100%. That gives you Tons of options to clean it. Any rimfire suppressor with aluminum will limit some of your options. Something to consider with the DIY kits...
    Yeah, the rugged looks like the way to go. Works on .17 --> 5.7. The #'s on decibel look ok. The modular idea has got my attention. Almost like getting 2 for the price of one.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Cans are kind of a 3 stamp game as I’m sure your aware. (Rimfire / Pistol - 9 or 45 / Rifle) If you pickup a user serviceable pistol can first you’re able to run it on your rimfire stuff while you wait on your rimfire can. It may not be ideal on something like a 22 pistol, but it’s still highly effective. I ran a 9mm can on 3 9mm pistols, mp5, 2 22lr pistols and the 15-22 for about 2 years before I had a dedicated rimfire can. Just my 2¢.
    At a Minimum 3. ;)

I wish we could set up a NFA shoot and have people test out cans so we could have more informed buyers.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    At a Minimum 3. ;)

I wish we could set up a NFA shoot and have people test out cans so we could have more informed buyers.
    I would be in for something like this. Would happily let others try mine out, at the same time would be nice to try out someone’s 5.56 K can to see if if it’s worth picking one up for myself.

Top Bottom