Patriot Mobile

Going to my 1st USPSA match Sept 11th at Element, production class?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC0211

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hey all, signed up for my first USPSA match at element on Sept 11th.. I have a Sig X5 that I shoot well and it looks like it is on the list (after removing magwell) for Production class. I signed up for production, did I make a mistake? I did not see many others signed up for that class, I wondered why that was.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Been a minute for USPSA for me but a lot ran limited class but still some production. Good luck!
    *still early in sign up too

Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most important difference in production and limited is, in production you are limited to 10 rounds in your magazine at the start signal and with limited your mag capacity is only limited by the maximum length of the magazine. Production requires you to plan for your reloads more often than limited so for starting off in the sport the fewer things you have to plan for during a stage the less likely you will screw it up. Have fun and if you’re interested, there’s a USPSA match at ERGC on the 3rd of September

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If you want to leave the magwell on and load your mags all the way up - limited. If you don’t care about some extra reloads - shoot production. You can change your class anything between now and the start of the match.

Don’t over think it. If this is your first USPSA match, be safe and have fun. Let them know it is your first USPSA match and ask all the questions you want.

USMC0211

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Most important difference in production and limited is, in production you are limited to 10 rounds in your magazine at the start signal and with limited your mag capacity is only limited by the maximum length of the magazine. Production requires you to plan for your reloads more often than limited so for starting off in the sport the fewer things you have to plan for during a stage the less likely you will screw it up. Have fun and if you’re interested, there’s a USPSA match at ERGC on the 3rd of September
    Thanks for the info.. Not too worried about reloads and frankly not looking to be "competitive". Looking for a good work out, good practice and fun, so I think I will stay production for at least this first match. Just to be clear, first mag and all reloads need to be 10 rds or just the first mag?

Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info.. Not too worried about reloads and frankly not looking to be "competitive". Looking for a good work out, good practice and fun, so I think I will stay production for at least this first match. Just to be clear, first mag and all reloads need to be 10 rds or just the first mag?
    Mag limit is 10 rounds for production. The rules allow for you to load an eleventh round in the first mag to charge the gun which will give you ten rounds at the start signal. If the stage description calls for an empty gun start all mags would be limited to ten rounds.

USMC0211

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mag limit is 10 rounds for production. The rules allow for you to load an eleventh round in the first mag to charge the gun which will give you ten rounds at the start signal. If the stage description calls for an empty gun start all mags would be limited to ten rounds.
    got it.. thanks

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's nice to see a new shooter that is not afraid of reloads. As a production shooter myself, my advice to you is to get there at least 1 hour before the safety brief to allow yourself time to walk the stages and come up with stage plans. Good luck on your first match!

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I remember my firist match ,indoor match I walked the match and i didn't even lose
    The main thing is to be careful and have fun. I always used my 70 goldcup. this was 40 years ago

Last edited:

Mr.T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All,

Thank you for coming to RPGI Sept 11, 2022 USPSA match at Element Training Complex in Holt FL. It is a level 2 match and dedicate/remembrance of 9/11. Please introduce yourself to me, love to put name and faces together.

It is not too late to sign up if you haven't. I will be your RO on stage 10.

===========================================================================

Match starts: September 09, 2022 @ 9:00 AM · Match ends: September 11, 2022 @ 4:00 PM

4418 Cooper Lane
    Holt, Florida 32564

**Showtime for Saturday Squads is no later than 0800 and no later than 0900 for Sunday Squads**

Are you ready?

RPGi is putting on a exciting and fun Level II USPSA Major Match in the Panhandle from September 9-11 while remembering 9/11 and it's 21 year anniversary.

The match will be run in a one day format with a staff shoot occurring on September 9th and main squads running on Saturday/Sunday. There are 10 courses of fire planned at this time to keep your day relatively short and get you guys out to the Emerald Coast Beaches and awesome night life. Each course of fire will be carefully designed to incorporate some of our favorite aspects of practical shooting we've witnessed over the years. We are consulting with World Champs and Nationally ranked USPSA shooters on stage design to put your skills to the test!

RVs are welcome to park on the range. We have plenty of restrooms and will have food available for purchase. Look forward to having you guys out.

**No refunds after August 29th**

Stay tuned for our match booklet! We'll continue to update the match page on Practiscore.

Round Count: 275

Train. Evolve. Compete.

VR
    Brendan Souder (MD)
    540-229-2911
    brendan.souder@gmail.com

Attachments

• IMG-20220730-WA0000.jpg
      IMG-20220730-WA0000.jpg
      176.9 KB · Views: 65

USMC0211

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I’m new to this forum, so hello.

Curious how you liked your first match. Did you like it?
    Was great.. everyone was very helpful, open and friendly. If I had it to do over again I would have picked a level one match. Those normally have 4-5 rather simple stages. My dumb ass went to a level 3 with 13 complex stages.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, that’s jumping in the deep end! Glad it was a positive experience. I did roughly the same thing and I remember it well. I didn’t do very well but I had a blast doing it!

USPSA is my sport of choice and I do like to hear new competitors having fun with it.

Top Bottom