• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Planting food plots. Trying something new using 4-4-4 fertilizer. (Chicken poop) penneldton seed and mcs? alabama blend seeds. Bugs in the woods have been horrible. Also have to flip some houses back over. Tripod is Demolished! Sucks.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have seen the same with bugs in the woods after the storm especially. I found some stuff at Walmart the other day in the scent isle. It is by Dead Down Wind I believe, but it is cedar scent and apparently won’t spook the deer. It works good on the bugs though and contains no deet.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mix Citronella with Lemongrass and add Citrus Peel. Don't use it on children as it's to powerful. All natural but even more effective than Oil of Citronella that could be purchased at the local PX in years gone bye as long as you had a glass bottle to refill. 100% deet didn't defeat the bugs of Southeast Asia. What makes you think that the bugs of the Bayou ain't as tough as those Southeast Asian Critters? But it's better to apply this concoction on your teenage Daughters prior to letting them become prey to other folks teenage sons in the modern world. JMHO. It ain't an aphrodisiac! LOL. But bugs don't like it.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If ya like herbal stuff, beauty berry, wax myrtle, or dog fennel keep skeeters away. You can crush the leaves and rub it on ya, or soak it in rubbing alcahol and mix with a little olive oil for a spray

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If ya like herbal stuff, beauty berry, wax myrtle, or dog fennel keep skeeters away. You can crush the leaves and rub it on ya, or soak it in rubbing alcahol and mix with a little olive oil for a spray

Once upon a time I went to Alaska. They got some large Mosquitoes up there.

I overheard one skeeter talking to another, they debated if they should eat me or take me back to the others? The smartest told the other if they took me back the Big Ums would take me away from them. It was after that when I started using the aforementioned concoction. Since I'm still telling this tale, it's got to work. JMHO.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Only two things worked for me when hunting the backwater swamps off Esc Rvr.
    Sawyer's and Thermacell. --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I got left guarding a survey tripod on the West Bank of the Atchafalaya River while the party manager and the rest of the crew went hunting survey markers. SOB didn’t get back till about 45 minutes after dark. Damn mosquitoes about ate me alive I was killing them by handful is it got dusk dark. I saw a light a couple miles down the levee and started walking towards it hoping somebody was there with mosquito spray. When I got to the light it was a work light for a dragline. Thman running it saw me and idled down and shouted “ where’s your dope boy” he must of realized I had no idea what he meant because he added “your mosquito dope” I told him I didn’t have any and he threw me a can of can of mosquito repellent I really think he saved my life that night because it was another 20 minutes or so before they got back to pick me up. This happened about 10 miles south of interstate 10 bridge across the Atchafalaya basin
    The party manager and crew had driven all the way to Patterson across the river from Morgan city looking for survey markets before they turned around and came back to get me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rebel_Rider1969, didn't this begin as a "Local" situation? Are Y'all asking for assistance for a bug problem far from Home, or haven't you found the answer to your local bug problem? I mean if your planting food plots, you have been doing this since you are knee high to a grasshopper! So have Y'all left Alabama? Or is there another reason to request out of state help?

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " I got left guarding a survey tripod on the West Bank of the Atchafalaya River" Spent my share of time down there so I feel bad for you. Still better than Venice or Buras!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    " I got left guarding a survey tripod on the West Bank of the Atchafalaya River" Spent my share of time down there so I feel bad for you. Still better than Venice or Buras!

I was lucky not to get sent to Venice couple of the guys I was working with got picked to cut brush (elephant ears) down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom