Going to buy gun tonight and need your opinions please. Sig P250 SC vs M&P Shield

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riverrat

Shooter
    My dear wife has informed me that tonight is the night to go pick out my new carry gun. Well it should be a simple matter because I have done my research and found what I want..........or so I thought lol. I was all ready to buy the M&P shield and now another lady has showed herself to me and i think i am falling in love......or lust. I have my eye on the Sig Sauer P250 subcompact. I know it is a double action only with a little more weight and width but with what is discribed as a very likable trigger and it does have more cap. per magizine. Please give me your opinions, thoughts, warnings or whatever you think I need to here. By the way I can pick them both up for the same price.

Thanks Guys,

Riverrat

Brandon_SPC

Master
    I enjoy my shield a lot. Extremely accurate, light, S&W has great customer service, feels like a glove in my hand. I did this side by side comparison for you to make it easier to compare. I say go with which one feels better to you. Doesn't seem like much of a difference. Pick which one feels comfortable to you.

Attachments

• 2-20-2015 11-25-32 AM.png
      2-20-2015 11-25-32 AM.png
      27.9 KB · Views: 259

bigbulls

Marksman
    Shield 100 times over. Better balanced, better trigger, better ergos, on and on.

Jeb21

Master
    I have the Sig 250 compact, which is just a bit bigger. I like it but I shoot a lot of DA only weapons such as revolvers, and DAO pistols. The new Sig 320 has a much lighter trigger and is striker fired. It has a very sweet trigger. You should take a look at one if you can.

Ryan

Master
    I like sigs but after dealing with their customer service...never again will I purchase another sig. Shield is A+ in my book.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    If those are the only 2 options....then shield by a mile.
    Sig is nice...and you could buy one later...but I only carry DAO weapons concealed.
    I'd never feel totally safe carrying cocked and locked. I know that some people don't agree with that assessment....but Google some firearm incidents....every time I hear about a negligent discharge ....it seems to involve a SAO weapon.
    Just saying...

CCC23

Marksman
    Have the Shield in 9mm and 40. Both comfortable to wear and accurate. The 40 is a bit snappy in recoil but most are.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Check out Sig P320. IMO trigger is a lot better than shield. I have had both and got rid of shield. Won't ever get rid of Sig.

I use to own a SIG P250 9mm (Desert Digital Camo). I bought it back when they first came out. I had read about the DAO trigger as being a lot more forgiving as opposed to a revolver DA trigger. The trigger on DA revolver never appealed to me. The SIG P250, however, was a delight the first time I shot it. The trigger was surprisingly light for being DAO. The ergonomics of the pistol were very nice. It fit my hand very well and the pistol was very easy to shoot. The P250 Compact would make a nice 9mm carry pistol. You really have to shoot one to appreciate it. Unless you have ever shot P250 9mm, you cannot fairly assess it.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    IF i couldnt make a Glock feel good in my hand then i guess the Smith & Wesson. My small conceal gun is a body gaurd by S&W and it has served me well. Not a Sig fan at all.

gendoc

Master
    Check out Sig P320. IMO trigger is a lot better than shield. I have had both and got rid of shield. Won't ever get rid of Sig.

I've had the shld 9....it was nice, but I like the p320 better

Riverrat

Shooter
    Well guys i thank you all for the comments but I just got home from gun store and I found a solution. ......I bought my wife the shield 9 and bought myself the sig 40 problem solved lol. I have a great wife :)

Jeb21

Master
    Congrats -

Just to make sure I understand your last post. you bought a 40 cal Sig 250 subcompact?

Jeb21

Master
    Nice, and with the 250 you can buy the new caliber set for $200 or so if you want. Let us know how it shoots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom