• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well soon I will be trading my Ruger LCP for a Glock 23. I couldn't tell if it was a gen3 or gen4. Honestly I wasn't paying attention. I was more worried about taking it apart and making sure everything is alright. Well the thing is like brand new. Anyways back on topic when I grip a pistol I like to get as high as I can get on the weapon. Do y'all suggest installing a beavertail backstrap? My shield I can hold high up on the grip but on a Glock can you do tthat without the beavertail backstrap? I needed a woods pistol and couldn't pass up on this offer.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah .40 doesn't bother me. I mean I would prefer a 9mm but it is good to have firearms in different calibers.

I don't personally like .40, it was created to solve a problem that didn't exist in the first place.

BUT, during the last crisis, .40 was one of the few calibers you could actually find, and the ballistics aren't bad at all.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't personally like .40, it was created to solve a problem that didn't exist in the first place.

BUT, during the last crisis, .40 was one of the few calibers you could actually find, and the ballistics aren't bad at all.

That's what I noticed when I bought my 9mm. I couldn't find 9mm any where but .40 was at every store I went to. I honestly think a 9mm will do anything a .40 or .45 will do with the proper bullet selection and shot placement. But I can't argue with this deal.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would do a 40 Glock but have way too much 9mm ammo and then I would have to buy ammo again, but the right deal, who knows. bad guys don't attack more knowing you have a 9mm, lol

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Right. I guess it's not the angle itself, it's the stupid hump. If I close my eyes and bring up a Glock, the sights point up because of it. Too used to 1911s with a flat msh.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right. I guess it's not the angle itself, it's the stupid hump. If I close my eyes and bring up a Glock, the sights point up because of it. Too used to 1911s with a flat msh.

I have picked up my buddies glock 22 a few times with my eyes close and his points down a little. I guess that possibly because I grab so high on the grip. I don't know.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now THAT, I've never heard. Hmmm. Interesting.
    Yeah me and him got into a little argument and he was like it should point up. Not for me, for some reason the front sight dips a little at first for me. I don't know why.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After shooting my Glock 17 a lot, I picked up my friend's XD-9 and kept shooting low due to the grip angle of the XD. I put it down and grabbed my G17 and was back on target. It's all in what you are use to.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After shooting my Glock 17 a lot, I picked up my friend's XD-9 and kept shooting low due to the grip angle of the XD. I put it down and grabbed my G17 and was back on target. It's all in what you are use to.

Exactly! I've been trying to stick with the same gun for that very reason, although I haven't been able to go out and play in a long time.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Exactly! I've been trying to stick with the same gun for that very reason, although I haven't been able to go out and play in a long time.

Yeah, I tried to stick to 1911 types. Then I got bored. I haven't shot since the Father's Day IDPA. Hopefully Sunday.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm liking the Xdm so I'll stick with it. I'd like to have a decent 1911 some day. I have herniated disc that's been keeping me down.

Top Bottom