• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It wasn't until the. 45 ACP Glock Model 21 SF that I became a convert. Still not impressed with any of the other Models in calibers other than .45 ACP. So while a .45 ACP S&W 1911 rests under my pillow while I sleep, a couple of Model 21 SF's are strategically located within the house. If Duty Calls, the .45 ACP Glock Model 21 SF + 2 13 round mags are coming with me. JMHO.
    Note: all the new g21's are "SF" now I believe.

Shadowload

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock has a proven track record. They don’t have a soul but they work! For none gun people they are great. Most people are lazy so they won’t maintain their firearms. Glocks can take that abuse.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I like Glocks and carried them on and off duty throughout my LE career. I am a Glock armorer, that being said I really like the Sigs and the newer M&P's! Just my .02 worth! :D

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have always loved glocks. I shoot them great. But I always hated that the frame could blow. Sig fixed that. I think the future is in the sig fcu configuration. Glock will go that way and I will move back

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I find it interesting that when asked, so many will say they like Glocks 'because they always go bang.' Well, I believe they do and certainly hope so, but I also know that every gun I own goes bang every time I want them to...and yes, my 1911s too, and no, they have not been 'worked on.' YMMV

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I find it interesting that when asked, so many will say they like Glocks 'because they always go bang.' Well, I believe they do and certainly hope so, but I also know that every gun I own goes bang every time I want them to...and yes, my 1911s too, and no, they have not been 'worked on.' YMMV
    Also facts

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I don’t think we are comparing apples to apples. Will they all go bang cleaned, lubed, taken to the range on a nice sunny day with no rain or dust or grime or mud ? Well of course ! Will they all go bang in any weather conditions, moisture conditions, grime conditions, lack of cleaning conditions, thrown down a mountain, dragged behind a truck, run over by a vehicle, buried in mud ????? Absolutely not !!!! Love my Browning Hi-Powers 1978 and 1979 made in Belgium for what they are, WORKS OF ART ! Would I go out on the battlefield with them over my Glocks ? ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sorry ccc, I thought the title of this thread meant this was to be a discussion of 'Glock Opinions." I didn't realize it was only for opinions for which you don't take exception....my mistake.

Opinions definitely vary & some folks are very passionate about them, so enjoy your Glocks for whatever reasons you want (i.e. burying in the mud, dragging behind your truck, etc.), and I'll use mine for my intended purpose. I'm certainly glad that we never had to rely on a 1911 on the battlefield...

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry ccc, I thought the title of this thread meant this was to be a discussion of 'Glock Opinions." I didn't realize it was only for opinions for which you don't take exception....my mistake.

Opinions definitely vary & some folks are very passionate about them, so enjoy your Glocks for whatever reasons you want (i.e. burying in the mud, dragging behind your truck, etc.), and I'll use mine for my intended purpose. I'm certainly glad that we never had to rely on a 1911 on the battlefield...
    Just think, the Colt 1911 was superseded by the Beretta M9 for Battlefield use. Every firearm made shall eventually fail without preventative maintenance, it's just the amount & expense that determine reliability.

Jerry Kuhnhausen lists many ways that 1911's fail in his book The Colt .45 Automatic A Shop Manual.
    (how many rounds are sent down range before the plunger tube requires restaking?)
    Glocks are not designed with plunger tubes so that type of maintenance is never required. etc etc etc.........

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gave in to the hype about twenty years ago and bought a Glock 17. Every couple of times per magazine an empty brass would fly straight back and nail me in the forehead. Didn't like getting shot by my own gun so I sold it. I'm a Sig guy now. A P-228 W. German has the best stock trigger I have felt and a P-365 is my EDC.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nearly everyone from the nazis to the Israelis, cia to the sas, saddam to the royal family, have carried the hi power onto the battlefield.

I’ve personally seen Glock 19’s and 17’s fail on square ranges with factory parts and magazines, using new factory ammo.

I’d trust a 78 hi power with in spec parts and springs as much as I’d trust a factory 19. The major difference is that despite both being intended as tools, no one considers a Glock a work of art so they don’t demand artwork prices.

Shadowload

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just think, the Colt 1911 was superseded by the Beretta M9 for Battlefield use. Every firearm made shall eventually fail without preventative maintenance, it's just the amount & expense that determine reliability.

Jerry Kuhnhausen lists many ways that 1911's fail in his book The Colt .45 Automatic A Shop Manual.
    (how many rounds are sent down range before the plunger tube requires restaking?)
    Glocks are not designed with plunger tubes so that type of maintenance is never required. etc etc etc.........
    I have his book in my office.

Army_of_One

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I like my Glocks. I can work on every part of it myself as it's not too complicated. My 1911 had the frame safety break and I know I had no business trying to fit it. It would also only work well with one type of magazine, that only held 7 rounds. I would definitely trade my Glocks for a Staccato or Honcho, but no one has taken me up on that yet.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Never been a fan and I've tried and shot maybe 20+ different glocks. They feel like dogshit in my hands, the trigger is pure ass, and they're fucking ugly to boot. Overall my beretta is my go to pistol for everything. Some folks may shake their heads but I've got the 96A1 .40 cal. I won't trust my life to anything else. Over 3k rounds shot out of it so far with every piece of shit ammo you can throw at it without a single issue. If I were a betting man, I'd throw it in the mud, cow shit, swamp, sand, and try it, but mines too pretty for all that mess. If it was good enough for the military to buy, and the service members to hate, I'll take it. We have a ton of sand here, and the militaries that use them are all a giant sandbox, so I'd say it crosses over well here. Hell, even the Taliban uses them now...that we gave them to them...I honestly like the M&Ps way better. I don't know why though. They also have a shit factory trigger in the 1.0s and have the same plastic frame that I'm not a fan of. They just feel better in my hands for some reason, I don't know if it's balance, the interchangeable grips, or what. Hell, even my new ruger lcp II feels better than a glock to me as far as grip and trigger. Maybe I have some weird ass subconscious bias towards them since my first one, but they just don't stand up for me. Way too many other better options out there at somewhat comparable prices. I like their mags for my 9mm PCC, but that's about it. Gotta add, striker fired for personal carry is just a bad idea as far as I'm concerned..yes I know that LE and everyone else has had consistent performance out of them, but striker just irks me for some reason and I don't even own a damn 1911...I'm only carrying the LCP2 right now cause my back brace interferes with my IWB holster and I can't afford a pocket hammer fired sig right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom