• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So my background with Glock. HATED THEM FOREVER ! Would not own one FOREVER ! I am a external safety, de-cocker kind of guy. HATE the Glock triggers ! But when I finally put them in perspective for what they are, drag down the road, throw off a mountain, bury in mud, no matter what, never clean it, and it goes BANG ! I now own four and it is the only pistol I will CCW. THEN CAME ALONG SIG and tons of others and while I can pull my 70’s Browning Hi-Powers out of the safe that fit, finish, trigger, aesthetics, EVERYTHING makes my Glocks look like dog poop, the Glock is what I will trust my life too. Thoughts ?????

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So my background with Glock. HATED THEM FOREVER ! Would not own one FOREVER ! I am a external safety, de-cocker kind of guy. HATE the Glock triggers ! But when I finally put them in perspective for what they are, drag down the road, throw off a mountain, bury in mud, no matter what, never clean it, and it goes BANG ! I now own four and it is the only pistol I will CCW. THEN CAME ALONG SIG and tons of others and while I can pull my 70’s Browning Hi-Powers out of the safe that fit, finish, trigger, aesthetics, EVERYTHING makes my Glocks look like dog poop, the Glock is what I will trust my life too. Thoughts ?????
    Timex did well.
    "First time every time."

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pork skins run my blood pressure up but I still eat them. Stick to what you like I like glocks 1st cause they go bang when I need it to. But I like CZ sig and 1911 wait not all 1911.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I like them. Go bang and feed garbage ammo. But would like ambi controls and double strike but that's just me.
    I like how they slap an X on the end of number and sales jump..... Look it's cool again!!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Same thing happened to me, but I was partial to J Frames, Beretta's, CZ's and Makarovs. Took a chance on a half price surplus Glock and it changed me. I still switch it up depending on the clothes and mission (like snake shot on my boat=S+W only), but when I know I'm going into a sketchy situation, it's Glock and only Glock

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    And I absolutely love having mag and ammo compatibility between my backup gun, sidearm and rifle

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, you know how I feel about Glocks. I would not have as many as I do if I did not like them. To me, they are the K.I.S.S. pistol of the firearm world. They have been around for nearly 40 years (since 1982) and have proven themselves over and over again. Now, have some had issues for one reason or another? Yes, but the vast majority of Glocks, like Timex watches, take a licking and keep on ticking. Of course, my affinity for dependable and accurate handguns is not limited to Glocks as indicated by the number of SIGs and Berettas I have. In my opinion, the Glock 19 is the best all around pistol on the market.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you can’t get over the trigger, there’s no reason not to go all in. IMPO, they don’t look or even feel all that bad(92’s grip is far to large, the p226 trigger reach is far too long, plus all sigs too me have that industrial look, cz’s look ugly and are crude on the inside but feel right).

actually with the gen 5’s deleting the finger grooves, I feel it’s on par with how a hi power feels and handles( at least with how I like them set up). The p35 is much more elegant looking though,

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I don't care for glocks never owned one but I love my colt 1911 & sigs
    I bought my first Glock (used 1st Gen G21) about 20 years ago. It got the affinity for Glocks going. That said, I am a long time enthusiast for the 1911. My EDC is a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II. I even have an old 1918 Colt 1911 that shoots great. At one time, I owned 81 1911s of various makes, models, and countries of origin. My affinity for Glocks has remained steadfast as the number that I own has increased. The Glocks are not for everyone, but there are many more who like them. To me, you need to shoot a few different ones to see if the platform truly appeals to you or not. Not trying them is not giving them a fair shake.

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I bought my first Glock (used 1st Gen G21) about 20 years ago. It got the affinity for Glocks going. That said, I am a long time enthusiast for the 1911. My EDC is a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II. I even have an old 1918 Colt 1911 that shoots great. At one time, I owned 81 1911s of various makes, models, and countries of origin. My affinity for Glocks has remained steadfast as the number that I own has increased. The Glocks are not for everyone, but there are many more who like them. To me, you need to shoot a few different ones to see if the platform truly appeals to you or not. Not trying them is not giving them a fair shake.
    tried a few but never took one home

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I'm not a big Glock fan, nor am I a hater. I'll admit that as a tool, they have their place. Based mostly on capacity, I keep a 'hybrid' Glock as a house gun, along with others. I call mine a hybrid because I assembled it using a G17 frame, G35 slide, and a 6.02" 9mm conversion barrel made for a G24. I have owned some other Glocks but I sold all of them except a Gen 5 G19, and I'm currently considering whether to sell that one soon. For much of my range time, I prefer the company of 1911s, other all metal pistols, and fine target pistols. To me, these are more than just tools, and I take great pride in owning them.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wasn't until the. 45 ACP Glock Model 21 SF that I became a convert. Still not impressed with any of the other Models in calibers other than .45 ACP. So while a .45 ACP S&W 1911 rests under my pillow while I sleep, a couple of Model 21 SF's are strategically located within the house. If Duty Calls, the .45 ACP Glock Model 21 SF + 2 13 round mags are coming with me. JMHO.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm not a big Glock fan, nor am I a hater. I'll admit that as a tool, they have their place. Based mostly on capacity, I keep a 'hybrid' Glock as a house gun, along with others. I call mine a hybrid because I assembled it using a G17 frame, G35 slide, and a 6.02" 9mm conversion barrel made for a G24. I have owned some other Glocks but I sold all of them except a Gen 5 G19, and I'm currently considering whether to sell that one soon. For much of my range time, I prefer the company of 1911s, other all metal pistols, and fine target pistols. To me, these are more than just tools, and I take great pride in owning them.
    I'll take it!!! Ya gotta be fast around here!! :)

Top Bottom