• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Hey guys. I bought an OEM Gem 3 LPK and just realized that the frame I'm building into is a Gen 4. I can't return the LPK, so what Gen 3 parts work on a Gen 4? What parts do I need to order that is Gen 4 specific? Will a Gen 3 slide work on a Gen 4 frame? Cheers.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Told ya to sell me that slide! See what a can of worms! :)
    Hopefully one of the glock guys will be along soon. Not sure if the 4 slide will work on the 3 frame. Or 3 on 4. Something about the locking block?? Seems like there is an adapter so you can get. Ymmv. I'm a glock building noob.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Told ya to sell me that slide! See what a can of worms! :)
    Hopefully one of the glock guys will be along soon. Not sure if the 4 slide will work on the 3 frame. Or 3 on 4. Something about the locking block?? Seems like there is an adapter so you can get. Ymmv. I'm a glock building noob.
    Trust me, I know haha. The frame was advertised in description as a Gen 3 but the seller said that was a typo they since corrected. It looks like the trigger housing/ejector is the main difference. A G3 slide will fit a G4 frame with a gap at the front, but there are spacers you can get to fill it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Trust me, I know haha. The frame was advertised in description as a Gen 3 but the seller said that was a typo they since corrected. It looks like the trigger housing/ejector is the main difference. A G3 slide will fit a G4 frame with a gap at the front, but there are spacers you can get to fill it.
    Yep, Here. 3 to 3 shown. They have the other.
    Screenshot_20230516-150430_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Hey guys. I bought an OEM Gem 3 LPK and just realized that the frame I'm building into is a Gen 4. I can't return the LPK, so what Gen 3 parts work on a Gen 4? What parts do I need to order that is Gen 4 specific? Will a Gen 3 slide work on a Gen 4 frame? Cheers.
    Everything on the gen 3 LPK should fit and work fine in the gen 4 frame. The ejector and trigger housing is different between gen 3 vs gen 4 but should work and function fine. Rebel is correct, gen 3 slide on gen 4 frame will need the spacer since gen 4 recoil spring is way different than the gen 3.

ETA: Oh, the mag release is different so you'll need a new gen 4 mag release. And you may need a longer trigger housing pin IF the frame has grip insert

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Appreciate the replies guys! I ended up canceling the frame order before it shipped and grabbed a SCT off of Primary Arms for $45 shipped. That one is at least Gen 3 and I can use all the OEM parts I ordered.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Slide kit and springs are all OEM factory; barrel being the only non oem besides the slide (I'm not paying $200 for an OEM non-threaded barrel lol). The slide is integrally comp'ed and lightened to make up for the optic weight. The Steiner is a lot lighter than it looks too, not much heavier than a Holosun 5 series.

Last edited:

Staff online

Top Bottom