• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've never been a Glock guy. I've tried several times but it just didn't stick. I understand the draw but in this day and age there are plenty of other as good or better options out there.

I've not put a ton of rounds through it but the 48 is the first glock that I've liked. It's close in size to a 19 but thinner and for carrying, that reduced width is noticeable. It's still small enough to conceal well but it shoots like a full size gun. The grip that I've always hated on the glocks is much better with still just a hint of the too big palm swell.

I wasn't real excited about it initially but Shield Arms' 15rd mags are a game changer. As it stands the 365XL is shorter(more concealable) but the 48 is shorter with 15rds in the gun. The XL has the edge on sights, stock trigger and red dot ready but at a higher price.

Decisions. Decisions.

If Glock would put a rail on the frame and give you an MOS option, the 48 would be a tough one to pass up. It'd check most of the blocks. Biggest down side is it's a small company making the mags that make this gun worth while.... and it's still a glock.

Reactions: FLT

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Actually having the same internal debate right now, with a 320 XCompact in the running as well. The struggle, Nate.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've put several Apex triggers into some M&Ps. I wouldn't say it's difficult.

I've tried(tried. as in not completed) putting an apex trigger into a 509 without luck.

I just put an Apex trigger in my 48 in all of 10 minutes. That's from opening up the package to dry firing. Ridiculously simple and easy.

Is this what I've been missing not being a Glock guy?

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've put several Apex triggers into some M&Ps. I wouldn't say it's difficult.

I've tried(tried. as in not completed) putting an apex trigger into a 509 without luck.

I just put an Apex trigger in my 48 in all of 10 minutes. That's from opening up the package to dry firing. Ridiculously simple and easy.

Is this what I've been missing not being a Glock guy?

They're probably one of if not the easiest pistols to work on. I like Glocks but I've come to the conclusion they just don't fit me very well (exception being the 19X, that gun is pure sorcery).

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I've been a g-lock fanboi for years. I took the glock armorers clas because my boss paid for it some 15 years ago. I had carried 1911's, and a Browning Hi-power worked over by Cylinder and Slide. Glocks are like tinker toys for big boys. Theres an entire industry devoted to upgrading them. Durable, reliable, and accurate enough...

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've never been a Glock person either, but never been a hater. I got interested in them when I decided that a Polymer 80, 80% build would be fun (it was). Since then I've realized that the build was more interesting to me than the Glock product itself, having subsequently bought and sold a Glock 41. On a whim, I bought a Glock 24C a few years ago, and although it is a Glock, it is unusual enough to keep me on the fence about selling it. The other day I decided to sell it & took it out of the safe for a photo session. After looking at it and handling it again, I'm back on the fence about selling it.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you fondled, shot the Springfield Hellcat? I have Glock, Walther PPS, S&W Shields of many varieties and quite a few CC pistolas. My Hellcat is my favorite one. Tiny bit thicker grip and the texture just works! 14 rounds of 9mm in it's size is a miracle if you ask me.

Top Bottom