Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    stock springs id say probably not

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I'm not mistaken +p+ is a made up designation. I don't think there is a sami standard. Might as well call it " Ruger hot". Once in awhile, yeah. Steady diet, no. Unless your weapon is "triple proof tested" ymmv
    It is not Saami spec and is anything thing higher than saami plus P; so it is not made up. It exists.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Recoil is subjective & some are more tolerant than others . Any semi-auto pistol should have spring replacement as part of your PM . Even 22lr pistols need springs replaced . Same with mags I've pretty much a box full for all my semi-autos , first sign of issues I mark it & throw it in a box with other problem mags . Once a year I go through them , replace springs , followers , tweak feed lips if need be etc . And if they don't act right in the shitcan they go .
    Take the 1911 pistol , it is a maintainance intensive platform . If properly maintained are good to go . I love them as I'm an old vet / Bullseye shooter . I currently have a dozen of them in my herd . 2 are Bullseye Wadcutter guns , 2 are NM hardball guns , 1 has a Marvel 22 conversion , rest are setup for defensive use with 230gr std press loads . My everyday carry gun is a Glock 30S also 45acp . I guess the point is if your idea of keeping a gun in good shape is shoot it until it don't work no more.......get a Glock or a Ruger as they'll put up with a ton of abuse that other makes will not tolerate .

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry the Fed 9BP +p+ in my 43x . Shoot the magazines to empty once a year for fresh ammo and show no evidence of extra wear with about 100 rounds of it so far.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry the Fed 9BP +p+ in my 43x . Shoot the magazines to empty once a year for fresh ammo and show no evidence of extra wear with about 100 rounds of it so far.
    The first couple of rounds in a loaded mag typically get a more battering of the bullet if they are removed from the gun 's chamber and rechambered. It can drive a bullet back into the case causing increased pressure and also such a bullets may not be as well sealed against oil and moisture.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom