• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As I remember,some one (or two) owns a Glock 40 10mm. ( I have owned a Glock 20 for15 years.)
    I am interested in putting one together as a dedicated hunting pistol.
    My questions would include - - ->
    How many rds thru it ??
    General accuracy with red/green dot sight ?? Which sight do YOU have expierance with ??
    Which ammo do YOU have expierance with ?? Any velocity readings over chrono ??
    Any other general info would be appreciated.
    Thank you gentlemen for your time and responses. --- SAWMAN

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fine, don't believe me. I have a G40MOS with a Fastfire 3 that I have put about 100 rounds of Sig 180gr FMJ through. Accuracy is as good as I can hold it at 62 years. I actually shoot better with irons instead of the red dot but that is just me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will need a red dot (hopefully a green dot) sight on my gun for targeting. It is hard for me to see the rear,then front,then the animal,to make a good shot. Same with rifles although a little better.
    For concealed carry and the SD/HD thing I am OK with handguns. But for that precise shot that I feel is needed for hunting,I need a more targetable sighting system. Especially if I need to look through an opening in the brush (a "tunnel").
    If anyone happens to see a 40 for sale,with or without sight,I could be interested although I have not completely researched the sight needed/wanted.
    Also looking at different dot sizes. Most likely a 2MOA will be good. My max range with this gun will be/should be about 50yds,rested.
    Thanks for the response sir. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not 10mm or G40, but I have 10 years experience with red dots on Glocks in every caliber except 10mm. So I will only speak to practical accuracy. I generally find that I can shoot significantly faster and more accurately at distance with a red dot pistol vs. iron sights. For me with a G19 25 yards, 10 rounds with a 20 second time limit I can usually shoot a 90-92 in 15-17 seconds on a B8 bullseye. I can usually shoot a 94-97 in 8-10 seconds with a rds pistol.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks Don. For my application can you reccomend a Glock 40 slide mounted sight. Does anyone make them with a green dot. Also,a crosshair would be better for me but I have not seen one as yet.
    The sight will have to be LED also. The laser dot sights "bloom" badly for my eyes.
    Price is no object for the "right" sight.
    Thanks for any help. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Don. For my application can you reccomend a Glock 40 slide mounted sight. Does anyone make them with a green dot. Also,a crosshair would be better for me but I have not seen one as yet.
    The sight will have to be LED also. The laser dot sights "bloom" badly for my eyes.
    Price is no object for the "right" sight.
    Thanks for any help. --- SAWMAN

I'm a die hard RMR guy, but I've been shooting a Holosun 508T on my carry gun for two months and really like it. It has the same foot print as an RMR so it uses all the same base plate on the MOS or if it's a milled slide it will fit the RMR cutout. It doesn't have a crosshair, but it does have the option of either a dot, a dot with 32moa circle (half size Eotech reticle) or just a 32moa circle(primarily for shotguns). The 507C has all the same features with an aluminum housing instead of titanium and is about $50-75 less expensive. The 508T is running $360-380 and the 507C $295-310 on Amazon. I have astigmatism issues and some red dots don't do well with my eyes. I was surprised that to date every Holosun red dot I've tried is the clearest reticle I've ever seen along with the Vortex red dot sights.
    The holosuns also come in in green I think they run about $10-20 more than red. I like these enough that I'll be buying more as I kill RMRs off. Most of mine are well aged between 4-10 years old. My first one finally died two months ago.

Reactions: FLT

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks again for the info.
    Looked at the Holosuns and they seems like they would perform up to the fairly limited challenges that I would subject a sight to.
    The Gock 40 comes with the proper mounting hardware for a RMR so I would assume the Holosuns would fit right on.
    I see where the 507's have been discontinued but there are still a few floating around. The 508's are looking pretty nice also. Battery life is a real plus. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks again for the info.
    Looked at the Holosuns and they seems like they would perform up to the fairly limited challenges that I would subject a sight to.
    The Gock 40 co mb es with the proper mounting hardware for a RMR so I would assume the Holosuns would fit right on.
    I see where the 507's have been discontinued but there are still a few floating around. The 508's are looking pretty nice also. Battery life is a real plus. --- SAWMAN
    Yep, they fit right up to the rmr plates

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was all about a G40MOS until I shot a Tanfoglio Witness 10mm...
    The grip alone was worth the switch...My G20SF got sold shortly after.
    Now I'm looking at the Witness Match Pro 10mm at Bud's.

56411.jpg

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will this gun accept an optic like the Glocks MOS ?? --- SAWMAN

Yep...took me a few months to find out which one from the baseplate...but it's ordered now ;)
    Those who order new instead of buying used can simply order the whole kit & kaboodle.
    GEDC0021.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom