• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Y'all ever use these brands ? Aint familar with either & wondering if they're worthwhile .

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I ran through 5k of the ginex shortly after primers became near impossible to source, no issues. The case cost me $260 at the time, just fyi. They are ever so slightly larger than cci/federal so you may run into some pockets that don’t like them, S&B 9mm comes to mind. No experience with the Fiocchi primers.

Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been using both large and small pistol primers from Fiocchi for a couple of years. I found they are a little harder than the Federals I used for 38 special and about on par with CCI I used for 45acp and 9mm. They seem to feed ok in my Dillon 550 but occasionally get stuck in the feed tube, I’m leery to blame the primer since I haven’t tried a different brand since starting to use them.
    Overall they go boom and I feel confident in using them in competition and plinking.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have some Fiocchi SPP- they work well for my intended use. :)

jam0066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have run a few thousand of the ginex SPPs so far.

1) slightly more difficult to seat with my Hornady LNL-AP
    2) I have had two light strikes with a competition glock 17 with a 4.5lb striker spring. Never had this issue with over 10k Winchester, Remington, or Federal SPPs. Seems to be like CCI in hardness. No light strikes with any factory configured pistols (HK USP, VP9, Walther PDP, Beretta 92). A friend runs them through his Canik TP9 with no issues.
    3) No significant velocity shifts or StDev variations. Seems consistent.

My only complaint is the seating difficulty. The light strike is through no fault of the primer.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I did get some Fiocchis & have some Ginex enroute . Making a run of 38 special wadcutter loads for Bullseye / PPC . While I've no doubt our 1911 conversions can pop these , I've doubts about my PPC gun . S&W K frame DA only @ 7lbs , have always used Fed primers set recessed . We'll see...........

Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did get some Fiocchis & have some Ginex enroute . Making a run of 38 special wadcutter loads for Bullseye / PPC . While I've no doubt our 1911 conversions can pop these , I've doubts about my PPC gun . S&W K frame DA only @ 7lbs , have always used Fed primers set recessed . We'll see...........
    Don’t know how many turns out your main spring screw is on your revolver but with Fed’s I could turn mine out almost two full turns, with the Fiocchi I have to turn it in to less than 1/2 turn. They go boom fine now but you certainly don’t want to use them in a big match when milliseconds count.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gotcha . FWIW I don't tune my guns that way . Mirror polish , moly paste & adjust springs to get what I want . Strain screw shortened if needed . Just change mainspring to a heavier one . One in the gun has been shaved / thinned & rebound set to give reset I like . We'll see............

Top Bottom