• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He said every deer he saw while hunting was being chased by coyotes.

I dunno--sounds like a bit of hyperbole on his part. I've never seen a coyote actively chasing a deer. A healthy adult deer is not normally going to lose a race with a coyote, and the yotes surely know that. Thus, the loss of piglets, goats, cats, dogs, etc. They gotta hit what can't get away easily.

I've watched them sneak around out West where I was muley hunting. Sometimes I'd see them from hundreds of yards away. Never saw them get after a muley and no real indication from the deer that they were harassing them. The mountain lions.....nother matter! But, very few of them and very solitary.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd love to hunt coyotes here. But I don't have access to private land to hunt them anytime, and I'm not burning my regular hunting days on them. I'll randomly kill one--usually in turkey season.

I met a guy once out West who was supposed to be antelope hunting. But, he was a yote hound. His buddy said he caught site of one the second day of their speed goat hunt and that was that--he was after the yotes.

Top Bottom