• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Trying to seat it level with the case. Like the other factory rds. It was above the base of the shell. Sticking up/out. Got it level now. Flush with case.

Forget trying to adjust primer seating depth... seat them until they bottom out in the primer pocket.

Otherwise you will have a FTF eventually.

Some .45 ACP brass leaves primers slightly above the case... really a non issue.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Forget trying to adjust primer seating depth... seat them until they bottom out in the primer pocket.

Otherwise you will have a FTF eventually.

Some .45 ACP brass leaves primers slightly above the case... really a non issue.
    This press has the whole operation hidden from view. Auto feeder. I'll readjust so it's inset, near as I can tell, fully seated. Thanks for the info. J

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The above may be the result of a little too much crimp with the carbide crimper. 4th die. Or inattention to the seating depth. Had an issue I just straightened out to make all rounds the same lenght.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I do not think that those bullets are GD's. The jacket looks too thin.
    Plated bullets. ---- SAWMAN
    Speer gold dot bullets are plated.

Speer does this using an electro-chemical process.

This is why it is one of the best bonded bullets available on the market.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hate to say this James. And I post this with all due respect.
    From your writeing I have concluded that you do not know enough about reloading for you to stay safe and/or not damage your equipment or weapons.
    I highly reccomend you STOP RELOADING until you get the proper training and advice.
    Most of this seems to me to be your fault. Your attitude is - -> "I just happen to have this so I think I will just throw it together and see if it works".
    You need much more info and you do not seem to care if you accquire it,or even know where to get it.
    I post this on open forum not as a priority to slam you. But others have asked myself and other reloaders that I know some questions that make us feel that some members are not doing their homework.
    Possibly some of these members should let go of the press handle and first self train,until they gain enough knowledge to be able to ask the right questions ...... AND SOMEWHAT UNDERSTAND THE ANSWERS.
    AGAIN ... this is sound advice with a safety element attached.
    NOT SIMPLY A SLAM ON JAMES.
    Suggest you guys buy your ammo until you can acquire the proper techniques,equipment,and attltude,to load ammo safely.
    I really do not mind helping a new reloader. But the new reloader MUST demonstrate to me that he has a BASIC KNOWLEDGE of the overall subject,and of the chambering that he wants to start with.
    I would not advise to - -> #1. Start with a high pressure cartridge. #2. Start with a cartridge that headspaces on the case mouth. #3. Start with a cartridge that will be used in a semi auto.
    The 10mm Auto is a prime example.
    Please stay safe. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hate to say this James. And I post this with all due respect.
    From your writeing I have concluded that you do not know enough about reloading for you to stay safe and/or not damage your equipment or weapons.
    I highly reccomend you STOP RELOADING until you get the proper training and advice.
    Most of this seems to me to be your fault. Your attitude is - -> "I just happen to have this so I think I will just throw it together and see if it works".
    You need much more info and you do not seem to care if you accquire it,or even know where to get it.
    I post this on open forum not as a priority to slam you. But others have asked myself and other reloaders that I know some questions that make us feel that some members are not doing their homework.
    Possibly some of these members should let go of the press handle and first self train,until they gain enough knowledge to be able to ask the right questions ...... AND SOMEWHAT UNDERSTAND THE ANSWERS.
    AGAIN ... this is sound advice with a safety element attached.
    NOT SIMPLY A SLAM ON JAMES.
    Suggest you guys buy your ammo until you can acquire the proper techniques,equipment,and attltude,to load ammo safely.
    I really do not mind helping a new reloader. But the new reloader MUST demonstrate to me that he has a BASIC KNOWLEDGE of the overall subject,and of the chambering that he wants to start with.
    I would not advise to - -> #1. Start with a high pressure cartridge. #2. Start with a cartridge that headspaces on the case mouth. #3. Start with a cartridge that will be used in a semi auto.
    The 10mm Auto is a prime example.
    Please stay safe. ---- SAWMAN
    Thank you for your candor. I appreciate the honesty. I do not want to make a mistake and blow the weapon up or injure myself "fooling around". I will pull the compressed rounds and switch back to the 12.5gr load ( under max, 13.2) keeping a close eye on oal and crimp. I will follow the hornady/lee loading instructions to the letter. Again, thank you for looking out for me and other new reloaders.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    James....did you by chance get those 200 grainers from me? If so, they are RMR 200 gr Bonded Hollow Point bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom