• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrlullabye

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Question for you guys. I am somewhat of an AR novice. I have built some and love them, but I'm no pro.
    I built some 6.5 grendel uppers over the last few years and have decided I want to get out of the caliber.
    What do you guys find is easier, pull the barrels out and sell them seperate? I would sell with BCG.
    Or would you sell the upper all together?
    There is nothing fancy about these uppers or the furniture on them.
    I also have some ammo and magazines and am wondering should I try and sell it all together or like in batches.
    Not totally committed to the idea, but I'm thinking about just having 556 as my only caliber AR.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Try to sell as a “caliber conversion kit”: upper with BCG, charging handle, mag or mags, and a box of ammo.

Basically, one purchase, and the buyer can add to their favorite lower and go shoot.

Just my two pennies. If no luck, then yeah, maybe parting it out? But personally, I’d try the already assembled combo/bundle route first.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Try to sell as a “caliber conversion kit”: upper with BCG, charging handle, mag or mags, and a box of ammo.

Basically, one purchase, and the buyer can add to their favorite lower and go shoot.

Just my two pennies. If no luck, then yeah, maybe parting it out? But personally, I’d try the already assembled combo/bundle route first.
    I'm curious about the caliber, maybe enough to buy one. I'm sure others are too. I have a few lowers from my " 10.5 chairleg" conversions. That need 16inch+ uppers.

Last edited:

mrlullabye

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    cool, I need to commit to it and do an inventory and decide what all to part with.
    There is nothing wrong with the caliber, but I have started hunting with the 223 and realistically it is adequate for my purposes so I just want less ammo variety.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    cool, I need to commit to it and do an inventory and decide what all to part with.
    There is nothing wrong with the caliber, but I have started hunting with the 223 and realistically it is adequate for my purposes so I just want less ammo variety.
    Yep. I have similar cartridges with nearly the same ballistics I need to move out of. No reason to have 6 different hammers all the same weight.

Top Bottom