• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Another one this am, not me :-( 300 win mag did a number on this one. Wow.

Attachments

• 20220127_095819.jpg
      20220127_095819.jpg
      1,002.3 KB · Views: 96

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Ah, yahoo's at the camp have caught " if it's brown, it's down" disease.... prob 6-7 in the last week. I and the bride refuse to get caught up in this shooting 105lb deer nonsense. And they shoot them like 3 times with a 270 and up caliber. I and the bride would be embarrassed/ashamed. Rant over.

Attachments

• 20220126_131631.jpg
      20220126_131631.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 81
    Last edited:

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ah, yahoo's at the camp have caught " if it's brown, it's down" disease.... prob 6-7 in the last week. I and the bride refuse to get caught up in this shooting 105lb deer nonsense. And they shoot them like 3 times with a 270 and up caliber. I and the bride would be embarrassed/ashamed. Rant over.
    Sounds like some folks still have fun at deer camp and have not caught the G factor virus.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looks like your club simply follows the Ala legal rules
    A club should not allow it's members to shoot YOUNG DEER. No matter the antler growth.
    There are plenty of MATURE DOES that do not have a "tag along" yearling,for your freezer.
    Kill them,and not the 6pt,11" inside spread,2 year old bucks.
    QUESTION - -> why do hunters feel that they HAVE TO !!! ----- SAWMAN

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks like your club simply follows the Ala legal rules
    A club should not allow it's members to shoot YOUNG DEER. No matter the antler growth.
    There are plenty of MATURE DOES that do not have a "tag along" yearling,for your freezer.
    Kill them,and not the 6pt,11" inside spread,2 year old bucks.
    QUESTION - -> why do hunters feel that they HAVE TO !!! ----- SAWMAN

I was 25 when I killed my first deer. I enjoyed killing any legal deer for the next 25 years or so. In my 50's I started to get more selective.

I killed a bunch of bucks like those pictured, each rack brings a smile and a fond memory, even the two inch spikes. The only regrets I have are the ones I missed.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Then you are a big part of the problem of the average deer weight and antler growth in South Ala and North Fla.
    I call people like you "killers". Just gotta,huh ?? --- SAWMAN

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If somebody kills a legal deer, I pat them on the back and offer to take their picture.

I have never killed a deer in Alabama, nor the panhandle of Florida.

Central FL, GA, KY, LA, TX or WI, maybe I had an impact, but I doubt it hurt the population.

I feel no shame for killing legal deer, and no one should be made to do so.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know your pain! I pass bucks on public hoping they will grow. I got in a club for the first time with some friends in 2019 in AL. After the first year I backed because of the brown and down rules that seemed to pop up all the sudden. We never officially agreed on rules and I passed bucks just for them to walk over to the next plot to die. I understand your frustration when you put in time, effort, money, and pride in to something with the hopes of making it your own and better than public. I dropped out of the club I was in the first year. Had a ton of pics of large mature bucks during the day time just for someone to drop the first spike or doe they see. My buddy ended up killing 2 spikes and 3 does opening week. One deer a day. Some people have to kill. Some of us enjoy the sport and can get meat from a few does if needed. If it’s brown it’s down come in to play then I’m back to public where I can’t be mad at someone shooting something legal. It’s rare to find a like minded club unfortunately

datboyhieu

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Curious guys I was told yalls hunting season in bama extends to feb? Or was that a rumor? Bc ours in LA ends mo day :( and I haven’t shot one yet but glad gf got to shoot hers….and we also now using primitive tools now been using a crack barrel 45-70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Curious guys I was told yalls hunting season in bama extends to feb? Or was that a rumor? Bc ours in LA ends mo day :( and I haven’t shot one yet but glad gf got to shoot hers….and we also now using primitive tools now been using a crack barrel 45-70

Yep, February 10th. Single shots are great.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a buddy that a 12 year old grandson that most always hunts with him from a shooting house looking out over a plot.
    His son always uses a T/C Omega ( 50cal ) with a chopped bbl to 19.5 inches. He uses a 245gr Power Belt Aero Tip powered BY ONE 777 50gr pellet.
    He has killed deer out to 85yds. Kills mostly does but has two 8pt wall hangers. --- SAWMAN

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    N.W. Fl. can and does produce good deer, if you let it happen.....
    Yep! Few and far between but I think we can do better in FL. These two are from the same area in Blackwater. First was my dad in 2012 and my younger brother in 2015. They’re out there if they can grow. This spot is so thick and doesn’t look huntable but that’s where you’ll find the big boys sometimes.
    C2406F59-D295-4ECA-8402-903A24ACBECA.jpeg
    74AD73EA-2648-4019-8E8C-01182AE34F04.jpeg

datboyhieu

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yep, February 10th. Single shots are great.

Mannn that’s awesome I wish LA would extend out hunt out to feb 10 :/ but so far yea I needa get a bow maybe xbow so gf can hunt too this our first year so we don’t have much of tools to use lmao and didn’t bout the primitive hunting

Top Bottom