• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Curious guys I was told yalls hunting season in bama extends to feb? Or was that a rumor? Bc ours in LA ends mo day :( and I haven’t shot one yet but glad gf got to shoot hers….and we also now using primitive tools now been using a crack barrel 45-70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived in NW LA from 1999 to 2008, hunted mostly in Bienville parish. Still a member in a dog hunting club out there

FL zones B & D open later and the season closes on 2/20/22 this year.

I have lifetime licenses for GA & LA and live in FL, I can rifle hunt from the middle of October until the latter part of February and theoretically could kill 23 deer legally. Those lifetime licenses were the best investments I ever made.

Only 2 so far this year, but I have time to get another one or two or three. Doe days were New Year's weekend in zone B.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SAWMAN said:
    A large caliber gun makes up for an extremely
    SHITTY SHOT ..... right ?? --- SAWMAN

By that, do you mean a magnum round? I shoot a .45-70, which certainly is a large caliber. But, I can "eat up to the hole", and last weekend's victim went less than 50 yards with the double lung and jellied liver he received. Make mine large caliber, non magnum, please.

Or, a .35 Remington, which many still would say is a "large caliber".

datboyhieu

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I lived in NW LA from 1999 to 2008, hunted mostly in Bienville parish. Still a member in a dog hunting club out there

FL zones B & D open later and the season closes on 2/20/22 this year.

I have lifetime licenses for GA & LA and live in FL, I can rifle hunt from the middle of October until the latter part of February and theoretically could kill 23 deer legally. Those lifetime licenses were the best investments I ever made.

Only 2 so far this year, but I have time to get another one or two or three. Doe days were New Year's weekend in zone B.

Mannn that’s awesome I just looked at that link I wish LA would extend some time for us to hunt longer this year too :/

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Happens every time.

Took my son-in-law deer hunting in Dec. He likes venison but can't pull the trigger (he's an MD). I sat in a stand for 2 days and didn't see anything. He sat in a different stand and saw deer on the second day. I moved to the stand he had been in on dat 3 and didn't see anything, however, he moved to the stand I had been in and 3 deer walked out. Never did kill him a deer on that trip.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Happens every time.

Took my son-in-law deer hunting in Dec. He likes venison but can't pull the trigger (he's an MD). I sat in a stand for 2 days and didn't see anything. He sat in a different stand and saw deer on the second day. I moved to the stand he had been in on dat 3 and didn't see anything, however, he moved to the stand I had been in and 3 deer walked out. Never did kill him a deer on that trip.
    Your deer obviously have good people cams and a great PPT algorithm (Propensity to Pull the Trigger). Solution--disguise yourself as the SIL.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You got options! Heck, Bowie and jump from the stand onto em.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    20220128_171105.jpg
    20220126_091412.jpg
    20220126_090316.jpg

My year ended yesterday, got these two during the last couple weeks. We were just starting to see the younger bucks start to chase, no mature bucks. Got the one in the green field feeding and the other one was grunted in on his scrap line. All we were seeing were deer that are local to our area and have had pictures of throughout the year. No different bucks so our area didn't see the rut, still had younger 6 and 8 points feeding together yesterday.

datboyhieu

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seasons over, lol.

Mannnn tellll me bout it, once our area was done they STARTED COMING out on camera mannn…last day of hunting 5 mins before last shot… my SPYPOINT went off and I was sitting on the other side of the pipeline saying “PLEASEE don’t let it be a deer” and guess what it was a freaking 8 pt!!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mannnn tellll me bout it, once our area was done they STARTED COMING out on camera mannn…last day of hunting 5 mins before last shot… my SPYPOINT went off and I was sitting on the other side of the pipeline saying “PLEASEE don’t let it be a deer” and guess what it was a freaking 8 pt!!!

I know. Pulled my cam today. Don't want to know. They are not even in full rut yet. Worse yet, she had one just about lined up for a shot, some Jack wagon slammed their truck door out on the road ...gone... sux

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom