• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking at buying a high end trigger for my 6.8. This is going to be a hunting gun. Was looking at single stage to start. The two stage is interesting but I don't have much experience with them. My AR10 has a national match 2 stage, but these new triggers are way better I hear. I would love to squeeze a 2 stage giessele before I drop 275 on a trigger. Any input?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You are more than welcome to try mine if you wish. I have one in a Bushmaster lower with a Bison side charge upper on top,chambered in 6.8SPCII. Mine is the SD-E with the flat trigger. Great feel,great pull,3lbs back to the "stop",then scond stage is 1.5lbs. Like snapping a thin glass rod. GREAT !!!

You can find them for $210. Really completes a super accurate hunting platform IMO. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    PM me contact info. I am about 5 miles north of Whiting Field. Come out and fire one of mine with the SSA trigger installed. About two pound first stage and a definite stop. 2 more pound pull and the gun fires. I like it and have more than one of them.

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The one I was looking at is the high speed dmr. 2.3 first and 1.2 second.

Was also looking at the ar gold trigger. It's a 2 stage but reverse of standard. It's 6 oz first stage and 1.5-3 adjustable second

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have decided I want an SD-E for my new lower build. I have never tried any Geiselle triggers but from what I've read about them, that's the model that will serve me well as a hunting/precision trigger.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought one of their High Speed Series triggers when they first started business. Five years later its still as crisp as the day it left the factory despite several thousand rounds and upteeen number of dry firings.

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks to the guys that offered to let me shoot their stuf to check out trigger. Meeting up with Daezee Monday and shooting a ssa.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My SD-E Geissele

You really ought to try the flat trigger also before you buy. I have polished the front of mine to a mirror finish and it makes it "feel" even smoother. --- SAWMAN

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I prefer the Timney single stage as it is more like the triggers on my hunting guns. I have never fired a geissele so I can not compare them.

I would suggest the Timney for anyone wanting a better trigger. It has very little to no take up.

I love it, best thing I ever purchased for my AR. I just hit a thousand rounds with it & not a single problem.

Last edited:

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking at timney to start and the ssa ammo for 6.8 uses 41 primer (real hard) and the timney doesn't use a full power hammer spring and has issues at times with hard primers. So I'm down to giessele, Wilson combat, and ar gold. Really leaning to geissele ssa-e, sd-e, or dmr.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I was looking at timney to start and the ssa ammo for 6.8 uses 41 primer (real hard) and the timney doesn't use a full power hammer spring and has issues at times with hard primers. So I'm down to giessele, Wilson combat, and ar gold. Really leaning to geissele ssa-e, sd-e, or dmr.

I use the SSA on several lowers. No failures to pop CCI #41, Wolf/Tula KVB223M, or 7.62x39 ammo primers.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I do believe that you need to check what primers that SSA uses in which of their ammo. Some of their stuff has CCI's installed. I really can't understand why SSA uses 41's and the like anyway. Slamfires ?? Yeah,right. Would guess either marketability,cost,or both. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oh, by "SSA" I mean the Geissele SSA model of trigger, not the SSA ammunition company. My Geissele SSA triggers have always set off the harder cup primers and come standard with a full power hammer spring to set off all primers.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    U R most welcome. I had a mag and subsonic ammo sitting on the table besides the other stuff in case we needed to shoot for you to get the full experience of testing the triggers. (And now I know who to call if I need help putting together or taking apart an AR.)

Oh, it's the goat in my avatar that had the twins Thursday.

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I bring my little one by to see the baby's we might have to click some sub sonic rounds. Never shot suppressed AR.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just installed my SSA-E yesterday afternoon in 6.8 and couldnt believe the difference. Will be buying another for my 5.56. Joe Bobs has them in stock and good price. Ordered and received it 3 days later in mail.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom