• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    There are always some good sized ones hanging around Bayfront Park dock in Daphne! Also some big ones in the West End of Little Lagoon! ;)
    Lots in the rivers, back waters north end of the county. Zoom in near the end of the barrel. That was one of the "medium" sized ones i saw.
    20150323_123732.jpg

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I ate gator tail once and once was enough, not good at all. So, why kill a gator? Are there too many of them and the "herd" needs to be thinned? Have it mounted to hang in the man cave? I'm not advocating a "save the gators" campaign, just really want to know what most guys do with a dead gator. Thanks

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I ate gator tail once and once was enough, not good at all. So, why kill a gator? Are there too many of them and the "herd" needs to be thinned? Have it mounted to hang in the man cave? I'm not advocating a "save the gators" campaign, just really want to know what most guys do with a dead gator. Thanks
    I saw on TV once that young rednecks used to kill them, cut off the tail and sell it to high end seafood restaurants for party $$$. :cool:
    One of my favorite dishes is blackened gator bits and rice.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have mostly only eaten it fried. I was shooting at Hard Rock in AL once and the little restaurant down the road had it grilled like that or fried....I ordered both and lawd that grilled was good to me

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes. Too many. Population control but limited so not to wipe them out again.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    2 weeks ago we had a 10 to 12 foot "visiting" our bayou. we watched it steam out and back in to the bay. i know it wasnt a resident here or i would have seen it before. it was most likely looking for love. the ones we have are all in the 2 to 5 foot range.

Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m sorry….never shit a gator but must interject. I’ve eaten gator tail in the Keys and in the Carolinas. If done right (e.g. fried gator bites), it’s absolutely delicious! It’s like… a piece of fried chicken and a pork chop got together and had a baby

Top Bottom