Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Gas tube coiling.

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
Anybody got the tools/ knowledge to make some clean coils in an AR gas tube?

SAWMAN

Master
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
What would the reason be for the gas tube mod Nate. Too long ?? --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Got it . . thanks.
IMO - - -> in stainless,and this small, a do it yourself would take highly specialized equipment.
Back in the old days we used to bend a tube by inserting a perfect sized coil spring inside. This would prevent the tube from collapsing. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
That's the idea but I want to do it with rifle or rifle+X length tube on a midlength or rifle gas system. I've got one I did by hand but was looking for an easier more consistent way to do it.

reel_crazy

Expert
Reaction score
nate
it should be doable tho would likely take some fussin and cussin to rig something up ... interesting concept as well ..

rich

Zeroed in

Master
Reaction score
Just a thought, and not sure of how many coils you're looking for, but maybe buy 2 of the pigtail tubes, cut it, add what extra tubing you need, length or more coils, then braze the pieces together.
If it's on a straight piece, run a copper wire inside the tubing before brazing. Maybe ?

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
Watched the vid.

My issue is I'm already working with a "finished" product. Without a high possiblity of damaging the gas tube, I don't think I'd be able to keep fluid in the tube. I also have to keep the gas hole lined up.

FrommerStop

Master
Reaction score
Interesting concept. I would not want it myself, but I could see if it lightens the recoil and in the short run is more reliable with some combinations.
For a timing problem or should a say a super fast bolt in an 7.62x39 I put in an H3 buffer and it fixed the problem of two rounds leaving the magazine at the same time. There are bolts that vent gas also.
My concern with the looped gas tube is could it get blocked. I do not have the experience that many of do with the AR, but I did read that the tube is supposed to be self cleaning in that it blows debris of out the tube. I wonder if a loop tube would function the same way.

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom